Original topic:

Getting Xfinity to stream

(Topic created on: 4/4/21 2:41 PM)
userta1Z5nlUEi
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I bought a Samsung 27" M5 smart monitor for the express purpose of watching the Xfinity streaming app at my boat.When I tried to watch down at the boat today i kept getting a message that i was not connected to my home wifi network so it wouldn't let me watch on the app. Does anyone know what the problem might be ? Compatibility with tizen  operating system? Wont let me mirror off phone either.Anyone know of a fix or hack for my problem? Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

Sorry, I misunderstood the problem. You'll need to contact Xfinity for solutions.

0 Likes
userta1Z5nlUEi
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks ddaniel51 but the boat is 50 miles away from my house

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

Ok, that is a little far for a home Wifi network.

The Xfinity service has restrictions when away from the home network.  You may need a second account just for the boat.

Does the boat have Internet?  Perhaps Xfinity  can help you.

0 Likes
MissDiagnostics
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

@userta1Z5nlUEi,

This is not a Samsung issue, this is a Comcast/Xfinity issue. It doesn't matter what device you use, Comcast restricts certain content from being accessed if the device you're using, isn't connected and utilizing their network/internet.

This issue has been reported for years by many Comcast customers, but as you see, Comcast still (to this day), refuses to remove the policy.

The only suggestion I can think of for your boat problem, call Comcast's technical support for internet and see if they support hotspot devices or usb internet flash drives, so your internet can travel with you.

0 Likes