cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

HMD Odyssey monitors went black - green light flashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hallo Samsung Community! I'm Benjamin from germany - so please don't mind my bad english.

I got problems with my Samsung Odyssey HMD. After a long journey i finally got the HMD to work. Yesterday i played a game for about an hour - and everything was just perfect!

Than i layed down the HMD to make a ten minutes pause, whilst still beeing in the game. Afterwards when i picked the HMD up again, the monitors inside the HMD were pitch black and the green light was flashing.

Whatever i tried - installing the WMR Portal new, restarting my PC, etc... nothing changed this situation.

Since this 10 min pause the monitors are black all the time and the green light is flashing. The tracking ist still working and so is the audio. I can see this on the WMR Portal when i plug in the HMD.

Windows an my graphic card drivers are up to date and i also tried several USB slots on my pc - like i said: nothing worked.

Do you have any Ideas left? Best regards from germany, Benjamin

Update 1:

After completly deinstallation of my graphic driver with DDU the monitors went on again. But whilst i tried to install the controllers, the monitors went black again.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: HMD Odyssey monitors went black - green light flashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've found the solution.

The cable is broken. When i moved the cable, i could see the monitors turning on and off again.

When i was holding the cable in the right position, then the HMD was working fine.

I am now going to return it.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using another HDMI cable?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you mean another HDMI port?

My HMD only has one HDMI cable and my PC only has one HDMI port

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize, the HDMI cable is different than I was thinking it was. Give these steps a shot:

If your screen is not displaying anything when wearing the HMD Odyssey:

If the HMD Odyssey is connected, the computer monitor may go blank when you set up Windows Mixed Reality for the first time. Unplug the HMD Odyssey to complete the setup.
Verify that the USB 3.0 cable and the HDMI cable are properly connected to the computer's corresponding ports.
If a HDMI adapter is being used, connect the adapter to the computer before connecting the HMD Odyssey to the adapter.
Verify that the Mixed Reality Portal app is installed on the computer.
If the Mixed Reality Portal app is not detecting the HMD Odyssey:

Verify that the HDMI cable is properly connected to the HDMI port of the computer.
Remove the USB 3.0 cable and the HDMI cable from the computer. Reconnect the USB 3.0 cable first, and then the HDMI cable.
Verify that the monitor and the HMD Odyssey appear in Device Manager.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The HMD was working fine yesterday - so everything is installed "ok".

in the device-manager there are 3 "non-PnP Monitor" (in German "Nicht-PnP Monitor (Standard)) wenn the HMD is plugged in.

I've plugged in the HMD right into the HDMI of my graphic card and did not use any adapter.

But i have 3 more DisplayPorts available. Should i buy an adapter and give it a try?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've found the solution.

The cable is broken. When i moved the cable, i could see the monitors turning on and off again.

When i was holding the cable in the right position, then the HMD was working fine.

I am now going to return it.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post