cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nebula

Re: HOW TO MANAGE ENCRYPTION OF 960 PRO

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userkOa5EGCvHz,

You can use the steps laid out here to enable E-drive with Bitlocker: http://www.ckode.dk/desktop-machines/how-to-enable-windows-edrive-encryption-for-ssds/ I've used it to set up e-drive on SATA SSDs and also when I was testing the 960s and its pretty thorough.

The 960s do work, this issue is in regards to the system utilizing E-drive with Bitlocker when it is the boot drive. It looks like that currently something in the BIOS is causing Windows that are installed on NVME devices to not see or utilize the e-drive chip on the NVME drives with Bitlocker.

We cannot give a timeline as this is on the Motherboard Manufacturers to work with the BIOS chipset companies (America Megatrends, Phoenix Technologies, etc) once they all have the solutions.

The fix was found through internal testing with a major BIOS chipset company, so there is currently nothing on the consumer end we can recommend.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user7oo71AwtUV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Dave,

I think it's great the team found out exactly what the problem is. Thanks for communicating this!

I don't want to be rude, but I hope you can understand all these people here that bought the hardware and can't use it to its full potential. Please keep us updated - we may need some more and precise information in order to tell our Motherboard manufacturers what we want them to do!

Thank you.

userkOa5EGCvHz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

Looks like some recent posts were removed.

Could we have a list of manufacturers contacted and validated hardware please, as of writing and continuing to try I can't get any acknowledgment from Asus that they are aware of fixes required, in fact they say they have tested and found the fault is with the Samsung firmware.

Without more information I don't know who to believe.

Regards

Phil

GoNz0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I love how Samsung are removing posts to make the problem go away, pathetic.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@GoNz0,

Neither I or Ricky have removed any posts in this thread and we are the only Samsung Mods allowed to make any changes within the Memory forum.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userkOa5EGCvHz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

There was a post from someone at Samsung saying they would continue to monitor the situation and update us, and work with the motherboard manufacturers, that post disappeared, and I'm sure some other ones did as well.

I can't find any cached copies on Google for page 12 so can't tell you exactly what was removed.  Maybe the person who posted deleted their own post?

Regards

Phil

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi userkOa5EGCvHz,

I'm the only Samsung person to have commented in this thread and I see all my posts still.

userkOa5EGCvHz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

A new BIOS update has just landed for my motherboard dated yesterday so will give it try, the release notes say nothing about fixing Samsung eDrive compatibility though, so not very hopeful.

Any news on which manufacturers are issuing fixed BIOS's now?

Regards

Phil

userqW8vNpR3Zm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've contacted support of my Motherboard manufacturer (a major one, but I cannot tell) and got the information that neither they were aware of the problem nor Samsung had informed them about it. 

@SamsungDavewrote:

Yes, we were able to get it to work after working with a major BIOS chipset company and they made a BIOS that works with it. We are going to work with the other BIOS chipset companies about the solution. They then have to push those BIOS updates to the Motherboard Manufacturers.

Hence at least in my case one month later you've not even started with what you are telling us here.

It is completely unacceptable, that Samsung is delegating this problem (he has not even detailed information about) to every customer trying to find a solution with its mainboard producer.

Samsung has promised to enable eDrive by firmware update without the knowledge that it will work and now after they had find out it's a problem of the mainboard BIOS, at least they had to inform all mainboard / BIOS companies about the problem and the solution they discovered. 

Really bad practice, I must say.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userqW8vNpR3Zm,

As was stated, Samsung is working with the BIOS Chipset companies, which are not the same as the Motherboard manufacturers.