cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

How to reinstall Samsung Magician properly?

While I was in the process of updating Samsung Magician I messed up and selected GDPR (Are you residence of GDPR country) which i'm definitely not and would like to completely uninstall and reinstall this software.

I'm afraid that if I just reinstall via setup wizard or uninstall through control panel and then reinstall there'll be left over files which might lead to this app not working properly.

I even checked Samsung Magician services in Task Manager and it seems like it doesn't contain any running services.

I hope the uninstaller of Samsung Magician is actually decent and doesn't leave any junk or unnecessary files behind.  so is it safe to just uninstall and reinstall this application or do I need to go through extra steps to do a clean uninstall?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: How to reinstall Samsung Magician properly?

Uninstall, reboot, install?

Highlighted
Constellation

@ddaniel51 wrote:

Uninstall, reboot, install?

Uninstall, reboot, install would've been an option only if this application was just an diagnostic tool but Samsung advertise one of Samsung Magician feature is "optimizing SSD" which I think it would by modifing/adding changes system settings and registory files.

Since Samsung doesn't specify how they optimize "SSD" performance i'm worried that just simply uninstalling and reinstalling might end up this application not working as intended and my SSD performance slowing down.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

For all solid-state drive questions, please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-SAMSUNG and choose option 7 for SSD support. The SSD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.