cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stargazingtech
Constellation

Is my EVO plus micro SD card faked or not? The reading speed is about 60~70MBps, which is far less

Just received 5 Samsung EVO plus micro SD cards bought from one largest online store.   My windows 10 PC only shows the cards as generic secure digital storage devices, which are true.  However, these cards are supposed to be made by Samsung and should winodwos 10 tells that they are Samsuung secure digital storage devices?

Used some online test tools and it shows about 20+MBps write speed but much slow read speed, which is about 70Mbps,  which is much less than the claimed 90Mbps.

Though at least one of the cards works so far, I am still worried about the quality of these cards.

Annotation 2019-12-02 000702.jpg

Annotation 2019-12-02 000806.jpg

IMG_1391.JPGIMG_1392.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Supernova

Re: Is my EV plus micro SD card faked or not? The reading speed is about 60~70MBps, which is far le

@stargazingtech 

The read speed is not a guaraneed as it mentions up to **.  So the read speed could vary.   Maybe if you contact Samsung, they will be able to determine if it is fake or real thing.  Also 32GB these days is pretty small, so making fake ones is not good idea.  I did see fake ones being 256 or higher GB.

Have you tried to test speed on another PC?

stargazingtech
Constellation

Re: Is my EV plus micro SD card faked or not? The reading speed is about 60~70MBps, which is far le

Hello @Charkatak,  

Yes ... I guess the speed (read or write) may not be the determining factor, nor is the one thing that I am worried a lot about at the begining,  though I am not sure if for a new card, the read speed should be near to the max or not ...?

The problems here I guess may be the difference of durability and constence.   So ...this is the reason why I want to check the checlist and want to be sure if they are authentic or not.

Supernova

@stargazingtech 

Try to find another PC/Laptop and see if you get a different speed.  Also you can try to put it in the smartphone and run some speed test apps and check.  Usually SD Cards should have a serial # or another set of numbers.  If you call/chat with Samsung support they may tell you how to identify real vs fake card.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Is my EVO plus micro SD card faked or not? The reading speed is about 60~70MBps, which is far l

The peaks for SD cards is limited by the capabilities of the slot. If you check Notebook check you'll see for yourself that every manufacturer's SD slot doesn't share performance.

My laptop gets about 30 for seq write, whereas my phone hits 80 for write (as shown here). Does that mean the card is fake? Nope. The card reader is simply not UHS-1/u3 compliant. 

To confirm whether memory is counterfeit you need only verify it's reliability. Fake cards display a false capacity, and perform closer to Class 4. They should fail when the user attempts to fill them completely @stargazingtech.

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.