I am having 2 issues with M7 43" Monitor when plugged into the integrated HDMI port on Dell XPS 8940 system (i5-11400.)
1) On fresh boot I experience the problem described at Solved: XPS 8940, onboard HDMI activated only after 5-10 minutes - Dell Community - the machine spends several minutes without keyboard lights on, the monitor turns on once in a while but never displays anything and goes back to sleep. In 3-5 minutes it gets to Win 11 login screen and everything works.
2) When waking up from sleep I experience the problem described at M7 32 Smart Monitor will not wake from Sleep/Stand... - Samsung Community - 2196458 - monitor does not wake up from sleep and needs to be turned on manually.
I am using the cable that came with the monitor and have had both problems since receiving the new monitor. I have tried another cable as well.
Neither problem occurs:
- if I plug a different monitor into the HDMI port or
- if I plug M7 into the video card port or
- if I plug the M7 into an older computer.
I've been working with Dell for a while on this. They've already tried replacing the motherboard and the problem seems monitor related. I have latest firmware and drivers on both the computer and the monitor.
Recently I was able to avoid issue (1) by turning off the monitor before booting. It worked 3 or 4 times in a row, but then stopped working so there seems to be some randomness to the issue.