JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

M7 Smart Monitor Black Screen!

(Topic created: 11-04-2022 07:23 AM)
ahmedelhossiny93
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey, I have a 32' M7 Smart Monitor, out of the blue, the screen goes black (sometimes that happens when I disconnect my computer then connect it again!). I check the picture settings, I find the brightness set to -5 million something, the issue is usually solved when I reset it. After this happening multiple times, I sent the monitor for maintenance for a week or so, when I got it back, same issue happens. Now the new thing is I can't even reset it, it tells me "This function isn't available"!

This is literally a wasted $300 on a faulty product!

P.S.: I have been trying to insert screenshots for the errors but the webpage has been giving me errors as well when I include images in the post :'D

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This does seem to be an odd behavior. I would recommend trying the troubleshooting in the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110761/

If this does not help then this may require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Kingjune
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am expericing the same thing on my m7 smart monitor. I think it’s a software issue, and Samsung have to update this as quick as possible 

FlyBoy27
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I don't have a solution but I am experiencing the same behavior on the same monitor.  Samsung M7 32 inch (not so smart) monitor.  If my computer goes to sleep, or if I shut down the computer before shutting off the monitor via the power switch, the monitor will be black when I power the computer back on or wake it.

The menu is still visible and everything appears to work other than the picture (either acting as a computer monitor or switching to the TV mode) is black.

The only way to correct it is to do a factory reset.  If I remember to power the monitor off separately before shutting down the computer, I can avoid the need to reset.   However, if I'm away from my desk and the computer goes to sleep or sometimes even just the screen saver coming on can trigger it.  I'm back to doing a factor reset.  Very annoying! 

JayShield
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

exactly the same issue. began happening for me just before the 2023 New Year. Reporting from Canada (not sure if that matters at all, eh)

user76mj66noIj
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I second the timing. Same thing in my 27" M5. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This does seem to be an odd behavior. I would recommend trying the troubleshooting in the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110761/

If this does not help then this may require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes