Original topic:

M7 Smart Monitor connected to Windows10 laptop not playing sound after restarting from standby mode?

(Topic created: 11-27-2021 09:52 AM)
user13013T9sd0
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi all,

My monitor, when connected to Windows10 laptop via HDMI cable via the HDMI1 channel, is not playing sound from the computer after waking up from standby mode. Instead, my computer plays the sound and there is no option to select the monitor as speaker from the PC sound setting. 

The sound can be played when both devices start from power off. The option to select my monitor as speaker could also be found when both devices start from power off, before they enter sleep/standby mode.

Anyone got any clue what can be done to get sound from monitor speaker always without rebooting both of my devices?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bighunter
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Have you checked your sound mixer settings? With the sound mixer settings in windows 10 you can choose what devices get what sound. It sounds like your computer for whatever reason is defaulting to the computer speakers after a hibernation state. However. Once you apply the settings in sound mixer the monitor can be made the default sound device.
0 Likes
user13013T9sd0
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

My computer used to automatically change the sound channel to my previous monitor speaker. The monitor speakers are at default when connected prior to sleep state, but there is not such option after waking up from the sleep state.

Any more suggestions to what I can try?

0 Likes
Bighunter
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Possible driver issue? Has it worked fine in the recent past and just now starting to do this? System restore to before update if possible. Or update to current if not. I do not own a M7 smart monitor could the issue be with the monitor itself not fully waking from deep sleep? Have you tried just turning the monitor off alone not the pc itself?
0 Likes
Bighunter
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
And I would do a hard power off ( pull the plug on monitor ideally on a powerstrip alone to be safe)
0 Likes