Original topic:

M8 Monitor webcam is not clear

(Topic created: 05-18-2022 07:56 PM)
userV8qsneqBUf
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

My new M8 monitor is connected to my new Apple Mac Studio via USB C.  Everything is working fine except the webcam.  The quality is not very good with Skype or Photobooth.  How can I troubleshoot this?

8 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

What resolution is in use on the Mac and what resolution is Skype configured for?

What are the resolution specs for the camera?

0 Likes
userV8qsneqBUf
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am using the default resolution for the monitor with the Mac.  Skype has no resolution config.  The camera is 1080p but certainly doesn't look like that.

0 Likes
userV8qsneqBUf
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am having exactly the same poor quality problem with the M8 connected via USB C to the Mac Studio.  Has there been a suggested solution?

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. Please ensure that you have the monitor, webcam, and PC fully up to date. This may improve the quality for you. If this does not work, a factory reset of both devices may do the trick.

0 Likes
userV8qsneqBUf
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Generic answers like this, while well-meaning, are rarely helpful.

0 Likes
useruqyQGnt8Ax
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same...wanted to add - FaceTime and MS Teams to the apps that show poor image quality.  Also, everything is up to date with the latest software and the picture is 1080p in settings on the Samsung but anything through the Mac (Mac mini in my case) is equivalent to early 2000's webcams.

0 Likes
userECcaPMcZ1P
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same situation for me. The camera quality on my Mac connected via USB-C is terrible. Like so bad my coworker flagged it after a zoom call and our office manager sent me a new camera. That seems like a total waste given that it was a big feature of this monitor. All devices are up to date with updates and factory resetting the monitor did nothing.

0 Likes
userV8qsneqBUf
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Surely Samsung must have a solution for this as many users are reporting this issue.

0 Likes