cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Magician 6.2 won't start

Like everyone else Magician 6.2 won't load at boot. Downloaded and installed 6.1 and all is fine again. Running Windows 10 Pro OS build 19041.508 with an 970 EVO.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/samsung-magician-ssd-management-utility/ 

Does anyone ever check new software before pushing it out? :-)

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Magician 6.2 won't start

Solved !!!    Windows security in Windows 10 2004 is crippling Samsung Magician and related Rapid mode.  I applied all possible exceptions and none worked. Solution: Install  Avast free Antivirus;  it's better than Windows 10 security and Magician 6.2 works like a charm.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Interesting. I use Avira instead of Defender and still have this issue. So you just disabled Defender and everything started working?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

For all solid-state drive questions, please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-SAMSUNG and choose option 7 for SSD support. The SSD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Nope.  I'm running ESET with Windows Security disabled and still having issue.  ESET is not detecting any conflicts and I'm running the whole shebang as administrator.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, @userTeOo1KBPAu I had the same issue... and same AV, ESET.

I made some test and fixed disabling HIPS auto-protection.

Hope this helps

Cheers

frank

Highlighted
Asteroid

Well, thanks for the Info, and this is no reflection on you of course, just Samsung and their ridiculous lack of sense when it comes to update/application development.  No thank you, I'm not disabling a root function of my virus/malware protection to have this application run.  That needs to be addressed by Samsung.  Samsung, are you reading these posts?

Oh, and Samsung, your two factor authenticaion s*cks.  I had to use back-up codes twice now to login and never received the codes.  Yes, the phone number is correct.  Gees, get with  it guys.  Either get some decent developers or actually TEST your work.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Not a solid solusion if you ask me - I have the same issue. Software like Samsung Magician should work with a "stock" version of Windows. version 6.1x worked just fine and have always been working fine. - My solution was to uninstall it, and forget about it, pc runs smooth and without any issues now Smiley Happy