Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dennisfc
Asteroid

Magician does not show anything

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Asus Crosshair VI Hero motherboard and it is set to RAID. I have the 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3D NAND SSD and 2 4TB Wesrtern Digital HDD's in RAID 1 for my storage. When i open Magician it starts searching for drives but then shows a blank screen. I have heard that Magician wont work when SSD's are in RAID but mine is not part of the array but still does not show up. IF Magician  is not going to work with my setup im ok with that as long as im not loosing performance from the SSD. So my questions are:

1. Am i loosing performance?

2. Does TRIM still work in my setup? And if so how to i check to see it is working in Windows 10?

3. What am i loosing not useing Magician ?

Thanks,

Dennis

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nebula

Re: Magician does not show anything

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Dennisfc,

Unfortunately agician is not meant to work when RAID mode is enabled in the BIOS.

To answer your questions:

1. It varies from system to system.

2. TRIM should be working just fine. You can manually TRIM from Defragment and Optimize drives application in Windows 10.

3. Notifications on new FW and also easy way to check SMART info of the drive would be the biggest things you'd lose out on.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

5 REPLIES 5
Dennisfc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone?

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Dennisfc,

Unfortunately agician is not meant to work when RAID mode is enabled in the BIOS.

To answer your questions:

1. It varies from system to system.

2. TRIM should be working just fine. You can manually TRIM from Defragment and Optimize drives application in Windows 10.

3. Notifications on new FW and also easy way to check SMART info of the drive would be the biggest things you'd lose out on.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Dennisfc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the info. Is there a program that i can use to keep an eye on the drives condition and a benchmark software so i can make sure it is goiving the proper speeds?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Dennisfc

Unfortunately, we can't make any recommendation on third party software as we don't have any information on software that would work in your environment.

Dennisfc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok thx for the help anyway.