cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Magician drive health accuracy

Hello,

I have recently purchased Samsung Evo 970 Plus M2 SSD. I have installed Windows 10, along with browsers, Samsung Magician and turned on Bit Locker encryption. I have 2 partitions. Total used space on both of them is about 50GB. However, the Magician is showing that total 220GB have been written on my SSD, which I don't get where could come from. Any advice?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Magician drive health accuracy

Download a disk usage analyzer called WinDirStat run as administrator. look for MSSQL . Delete that file.
Highlighted
Constellation

Will that affect any data on my drive? Even though I am not doing anything, the write storage increases, now is showing 2gb extra (haven't installed anything), just created a new Word document.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have installed it, but MSSQL is not there (found some screenshots and but it is not in my system). I can see that the volume used is right (around 50gb), however, drive health shows 228gb have been written, while that was not the case as I didn't download install anything large.

Highlighted
Sun

Unfortunately that is a deep as I can go. Ive seen this with other peoples drives and that was a cause. I would consult with the drive manufacturer or a computer forum. Good luck!!