Original topic:

Medium of a future

(Topic created on: 3/9/21 4:24 PM)
Quang Luan
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Greetings,

I want to discuss, if one thing could be useful. SD Card array. Largest micro SD card is 1TB, that's very tiny place, and has lot of data on it. I don't know how often you, but I don't rewrite data a lot in my archives, it's just old memories, and new data. So SD cards is not invalid when it comes to limitednes of write.

But how much microSD cards of size of 1TB can you fit into 3.5 bay? I think of a lot. Then people could have whole archives and databases at home, and if driver's correct, speed is going to be blazing.

P.S. I've given some info about technology to Samsung sooner, but their reply mail dissapeared from my emails, like phone was infected with malwre or something.

Try to contact me here.

With correct embedded processors, it can be directly "database drive" not just harddisk like block device. Bios of computer can transfer to drive checksums, and drive returns files. I've god good system for this in head. Drive could even turn out to handle something like SQL querry, select or something, that would come from a system, in data form, not being just block device, which could make whole computer just faster.

This would mean elimination of disk lag on databases, which could be huge improvement.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Quang Luan
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I can imagine even datachable 5.25 drive medium like this... With a lot of connectors.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! You can find a variety of portable SSD's here: Link

And many 2.5 SSD's here: Link

0 Likes