Original topic:

Monitor Run Around

(Topic created on: 3/25/21 4:11 PM)
user4s0fij9yBl
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

My 27inch curved monitor started to develop dead pixels so I called Samsung and they said that they would fix it and it fell under warranty. I sent it in Feb. 22nd and they received it on Feb. 24th and said it would take 4 business days to fix. on March 3rd I got asked for a receipt which I supplied and then on March 4th I called and asked if they knew when my monitor would be shipped back to me since it was passed the 4 business day mark. They told me they either didn't have the parts or it was going to take too long to fix so they were going to replace the monitor and that process was started on March 1st and would take 7 business days from then (for a total of 10 business days since they received it.) Those days came and went and I called back asking and they said actually it was going to take 15 business days from the 1st. Then on March 17th I called and they said they were going to put a rush request in and I should have the shipping code that day. I didn't get it and so I called back and the guy responded actually the rush takes 2-3 business days to complete and they also still had the 1 business day from the initial request. I asked when I should call again, and he said March 23rd if I didn't have it in hand I could call back. I never got a shipping code and so I called back on March 23rd (20 business days since they had the monitor) and they said they encountered some problem on their end where they deleted something or another and they had to go through a few more steps and said it was going to take 5 to 10 more business days before I got my monitor. Then he corrected that to 3-5 business days for one step, then 2 more days for the next, and then 2 more for the "final" step. Which comes out to 7-9 more business days.I even spoke to a supervisor who said he would put it "under review." I said I was willing to wait all day on hold if it meant I could get the shipping code then, they said they couldn't guarantee it. Now today (March 25th) I still have not received a shipping code or any notification on my repair.

After waiting well over a month / 22 business days, I have gotten nothing but the runaround. As a lifelong supporter and purchaser of Samsung, this is nothing but disheartening. I was planning on upgrading my S8 this year to an S21 and also was looking at buying a new TV and had planned on going Samsung, now after this horrendous time I've had with them I doubt that I'll be upgrading anytime soon and won't be picking Samsung for my next TV. 

4 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

We would be happy to look into this.  Could you send me a private message with any transaction numbers that you may have?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
HeadstrongJay
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
yup I absolutely do not blame you. I had kind of a similar situation & experience with Samsung myself & will never EVER purchase a Samsung product in the future. For a company YOU KNOW makes billions, u would think customer service would be a thousand times better. But I keep seeing stories like this over & over while doing my homework b4 I bought my first Samsung tv thinking it won't happen to me yet wouldn't you know it, IT DID!! So now I suggest to all my viewers on Mixer to never ever go with a Samsung product. That's A L O T of lost potential customers too Samsung
userla3r1WL9Qq
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

just great.. sent my 32 inch chg70 in for repair and i'm sure i'm going to run into the same problems. worst quality control ever. never buying a samsung monitor again

here to spread the word in case others stumble upon threads like these. for all the 'positive' reviews on amazon, the critical reviews are most accurate. dead pixels in less than a year of owning.

when i registered my ticket for repair i am absolutely certain my warranty was good through 2023. now i look and it expires in a few months of this year. wish i would have read the poor reviews sooner and screenshot what my warranty WAS as evidence, i'm certain they changed it. it all just seems shady.. i can't even view the link on samsung's website for my model, it just says 'page not found error'.

my immediate and extended family own multiple samsung monitors, i'm actually using an old samsung monitor that's 10 years old and for some reason is more reliable than my curved samsung currently in repair. poor quality control i can't stress enough with the chg70 model, every review i've came across says the same thing. i just get the run around any time i contact samsung support. i have zero confidence in my monitor getting back to me functional and repaired. even if it's fixed i'm sure dead pixels are going to surface once again shortly after. and i'm sure it'll be just after the end of my warranty. their website says you can purchase extended warranty which i would pay because i assume this is going to happen again, however i'm told it's not an option..

how disappointing. lost a lifelong customer. samsung has good aesthetics, but the poor customer support alone is enough to make me look elsewhere for products. will likely get an LG or dell monitor when it comes time to replace this POS monitor.

^i feel for you man, hundreds of dollars wasted but lesson learned. will no longer buy from this company

user4s0fij9yBl
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Just an update for everyone that it has now been 26 business days and I've still received nothing from Samsung. It also seems that I am not alone when it comes to problems with them.

0 Likes