Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userlAAfw1a6up
Asteroid

Monitor U28E590 joystick issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Everyone,

I have the U28E590 UHD monitor 2 or 3 years now and today I've noticed a problem with the little joystick on the bask, that is used to access OSD. It works, but it a very strange, erratic way: directions seem to be switched, pressing it does nothing. For instance Up works like "up", but Down works like "right". 

I don't know when this did happen as I havent touched this thing for literaly years.

Did anyone have similar problem?

Tom

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Monitor U28E590 joystick issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize about that, can you provide that information to us in private message? You can use this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userlAAfw1a6up Have you tried resetting your monitor using these steps here?

userlAAfw1a6up
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HI, thanks for looking into my issue.

The joystick in my monitor looks differntly to the control panel in the link. It is like on the attached photo.

samsung-ue590-28-uhd-led-monitor-lu28e590ds-872.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userlAAfw1a6up What is the software on the monitor and have you tried factory resetting it? 

userlAAfw1a6up
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As pushing the joystick doesn't work, I can't access the menu with factory reset option. Is there another way to do the reset? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like this is the only method to reset the TV. Can you provide the serial number of the device? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userlAAfw1a6up
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The serial is: 0MYFHTPG500130P, manufactured in May 2015.

Hope it can be reset somehow Smiley Happy Thanks.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize about that, can you provide that information to us in private message? You can use this link.

userlAAfw1a6up
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, I was hoping it will be as simple as holding the button for 20 seconds while unplugging the monitor. I won't go through the trouble of bringing technician to fix this problem.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand your decision. If you change your mind, we are always here to assist.