cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userblqH6VqXAb
Constellation

My Samsung 960 Pro wont show up in Samsung magician or Crystaldisk?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I recently purchased a Samsung 960 pro for my MSI Z170A Gaming M7 motherboard. I was able to install windows by using the Samsung data migration tool from my old SSD 951 Pro with a UEFI version of windows 10 pro. When I installed Samsung magician it showed the 951 as not supported, whatever but the 960 Pro doesn't show up at all? I thought maybe a firmware issue so I attempted to update the firmware but it did not detect any compatible drives. weird but ok I try to install the NVMe drivers, did not detect any compatible drivers again. I called Samsung support and all they would say is that the motherboard needs to be in ahci mode with UEFI???? that doesn't make any sense uefi doesn't work with ahci. I though maybe this is a lane issue so I removed all drive but my 960 pro still nothing. I put my 960 in the other slot still nothing. I saw someone say it was an issue with intels turbo drivers so I attempted to do a fresh install with and getting the drive to pull up with Samsung driver but it was not recognized as a valid driver. I saw something about installing it in safe mode so I tried installing the nvme driver in safe mode, still no compatible drives detected. I decided to settle for crystal disk becouse that always works right? nope it will not recognize the 960 either but it will see a third drive with gibberish lettering. I see it just fine in disk manager not sure what is going on. I am running out of ideas please help!!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: My Samsung 960 Pro wont show up in Samsung magician or Crystaldisk?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userblqH6VqXAb,

AHCI does work in UEFI environments. Please make sure you have AHCI enabled in the BIOS and RAID mode disabled. If you cloned, you might have to do a fresh install to switch to AHCI, or you can follow the instructions on the following site to switch from RAID to AHCI in an existing installation: LINK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: My Samsung 960 Pro wont show up in Samsung magician or Crystaldisk?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userblqH6VqXAb,

AHCI does work in UEFI environments. Please make sure you have AHCI enabled in the BIOS and RAID mode disabled. If you cloned, you might have to do a fresh install to switch to AHCI, or you can follow the instructions on the following site to switch from RAID to AHCI in an existing installation: LINK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post