Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usernZIA2OqOCt
Constellation

Re: NVME driver causes "internal power error" on resume in win10 1809

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, this is a Samsung issue.  Microsoft NVME default driver works fine with M.2 960 while Samsung 2.2 driver does not.  I havne't tried the latest Samsung driver, but it sounds like it produces the same behavior:  BSOD upon resuming from sleep.  I uninstalled the driver via Magician and everything is now great.  Unfortunately, in the process I had to reinstall video driver and printer driver, and bought a new USB hub in hopes of ferreting out the issue. 

userdBjkv1B8SO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since it appears that Samsung/Microsoft are not coming up with a fix any time soon.  I have a couple of Samsung M.2 960's installed on ASRock Z97 Extreme6 MB's using the Samsung 2.1 driver.  No issues that I am aware of with W10 1809.  Will the Samsung NVMe driver 2.1 work with the 970?  Is it any better that the default Microsoft driver?

userYILtLVz3u5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi,

I have the same problem with windows 1809 on a Lenovo X1 Extreme + 2 samsung nvme 2tb drives.

Installing the latest samsung drivers resulted on a blue screen on resume: INTERNAL POWER ERROR ....

Uninstalling the samsung drivers and reverting to the microsoft resolved the problem.

Please Samsung fix your drivers!

Didier
tox1c90
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since a few years this is one of my No. 1 rules for a stable system:

Never ever use third-party storage drivers if you can avoid it (that means basically in every case but RAID configuration).

It is just always causing problems. Almost all out-of-sudden BSODs which I had so far and which are not connected to a hardware problem were caused by storage drivers like Intels IASTOR. Each major OS update is a roulette game.

Save yourself from all these headaches and just stick to Microsofts SATA and NVMe drivers. The performance loss is something you can see in the benchmarks. For practical use it is either negligible or just doesn't justify the amount of problems / instabilities they might cause. 

userib823cfxWi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue started after 1809 running on 970 Pro 512GB and 970 EVO 1TB using NVME 3.0 driver.

Samsung - Why are you silent on this?  Fix your driver!

userh5zHQouBEv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with the 3.0.0.1802 Samsung driver. Reverting to "Standard NVM Express Driver" cleared the problem. In my case the crash was assoiated with sleep, waking up I believe. Reverting the drive is pretty simple, just do a "have disk" and point to the stadard driver which I found in 

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stornvme.inf_amd64_4e56d37488727768 stornvme.sys

Note that the microsoft standard driver reports a date of 2006-06-21 but it is actually 2018-09-15 however the version 10.0.17763.168 is correct.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello All,

For the users that are having issues with the Samsung NVMe driver,

Samsung is preparing to fix the NVMe driver related issue and the releasing schedule of revised NVMe driver will be updated around the end of January, 2019.

liakou
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Memory Product Expert -1  wrote:

Hello All,

For the users that are having issues with the Samsung NVMe driver,

Samsung is preparing to fix the NVMe driver related issue and the releasing schedule of revised NVMe driver will be updated around the end of January, 2019.

Finally an official response! 

That is good news, thank you!

vanowm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you guys also have nvidia video card installed?

In my experiments, physically removing video card (2080Ti) or deleting video card in device manager fixes the issue. Obviously uninstalling NVMe driver is a more practical work around.

Just saying, maybe there is a conflict between nvidia's driver and samsusng's?

usercvKgsWZDed
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get this stop error on my X1 Carbon Gen 5 with 970 Pro intermitently, obviously wih integrated graphics. Generally when on battery but occasionally on mains power.