Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRuvULfDnjj
Astronaut

Re: NVME driver causes "internal power error" on resume in win10 1809

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the problem on my Lenovo P52.

After uninstalling Samsungs NVMe driver the problem is gone, thanks for providing this info.

Because I'm happy with the 970 Evo also with the Microsoft NVMe driver, I'll use that in the future, even if Samsung provides a fix.

Highlighted
Cyclonut
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been looking hi & lo for a solution to BSOD during wake-up from hib/sleep.  So glad I found this thread. Uninstalling the Samsung driver and reverting to Microsoft drivers fixed the issue. Gigabyte Aero 15x v8 Windows 1809 with Samsung 970 Pro & 970 Evo.

userfeGZAUgUOf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That solved my problem as well.

We tought it was BIOS on Gigabyte Mbs
Tanks !!

Alain

Original thread:
http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/6028/z390-master-back-sleep-black?page=1&scrollTo=27072

userutHLFVe58z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ditto - I'm not sure why this only started at the weekend after the latest Windows update. However, after three Windows re-installations I eventually tracked it down the the Samsung NVME Drivers.

Matthew

user8bgfOzdguU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this issue since I built this system- pretty sure even before Win10 1809.   I just uninstalled the NVM driver, rebooted and put the computer to sleep.   Waited a few minutes then woke it up.   And DA DAH!  It worked.  I've been searching high and low for long hours to fix the Sleep issues-  thank god I found it.

My wife HATES that my PC is on all night.   Plus sometimes some article I left up decides to play a clip in the middle of the night freaking everyone in the house out.

I ran Samsung Magician before uninstalling and after uninstalling the NVM driver.    I actually went UP considerably on the Random IOPS.   I'll run some more test with other software but so far I have no plans on reinstalling the driver.

vanowm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Latest Samsung NVMe v3.1 driver fixed the issue

user6fjjMj31kY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
When was this released? I downloaded the driver just last week which caused the error.
vanowm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was released within last 2 days.

But I don't know if it's even worth installing it...With it, my AS SSD scrore dropped almost 300 points (5000 to 4701) with only 4k write speed slightly better.

user6fjjMj31kY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok thanks for the info and the heads up!

userYDUaLtxcFJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

and can't download the driver because the samsung site says that the daily download limit for this file has been reached.

Really samsung?