Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useroOtxZKho3Y
Constellation

Re: NVME driver causes "internal power error" on resume in win10 1809

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi.

Thanks for sharing this, i have the exact same problem, and the solution to uninstall the Samsung NVMe Drivers works.

Are you guys booting in UEFI Mode? Because i reinstalled Win10 in UEFI Mode, and had no issues before booting/working in Legacy/MBR Mode with the Samsung drivers. Sleep mode and wakeup were no problem there.

liakou
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here with 1809 and Sam NVMe 3.0... 
Time to update your driver Sammy....

useroOtxZKho3Y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to open a Ticket/Case on the samsung.com support page, but that doesn't work. 

After filling out the form and the captcha, the following error shows up:

Tried to send data without session.

userYDUaLtxcFJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well mark me also down as wasting several days of my life trying to track down the source of this crash.   Samsung,  please provide a fix

rlh1975
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 3 samsung m.2 nvme drives installed on a Asus Hero IX, no standard ssds. 2 on the motherboard and one via pcie adaptor. Windows 18.09 build 17763.194 (current version as of december). With only one M.2 card installed, the system resumed from sleep and windows fast boot correctly.  As soon as I added a second m.2 card, bsod (internal power error) on resume from sleep or fast boot using the current samsung nvme drivers 3.0). Uninstalled the samsung drivers and it fixed the issue. I spent a whole day troubling shooting and reinstalling windows and graphics drivers due to this error. Very maddening. SAMSUNG, please update your drivers or get with Microsoft and get a fix out. Current NVME drivers don't work properly when more than one is installed and NO I'm not going to try and download an old version on windows and do another reinstall and try to block windows updates.. Very angry as I just bought a 970 1tb pro... Hopefully this helps anyone else having this issue.

useroOtxZKho3Y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a good information, because i also have two M.2 drives. Didn't test it with just one though.

userCYzgNgQauy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'd like to reiterate that I have experienced the SAME EXACT ISSUE with 2 950 Pro's and 1 970 Pro. I replaced an entire motherboard and CPU over this issue. CRAZY that it doesnt look like Samsung is aware of this issue (???)

user6fjjMj31kY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also installed a second Samsung M.2 nvme drive and after installing their drivers and the Magician Software, my experience was anything but magical.  Hours spent examing drivers, uninstalling and re-installing them (except for the Samsung driver, which I wrongly assumed could not be the culprit) and researching solutions to no avail.  I was that close to wiping everthing out by reinstalling windows.  I finally uninstalled the Samsung driver and all was well, no more blue screen of death and the internal power error.

usergwhR55ZQ3J
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, that was quick. This was the trick. I'm back to a working system. Thank you very much! I wish you a marry x-mas and a happy new year!

liakou
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergwhR55ZQ3J wrote:

Wow, that was quick. This was the trick. I'm back to a working system. Thank you very much! I wish you a marry x-mas and a happy new year!

Well that's not the right trick though since uninstalling the Samsung driver and using the Microsoft one results in a big performance degrade for our M2 SSD drive's...

What we need is an updated NVME driver from Samsung to fix the issue.