JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Neo G8 Phantom HDMI Connection

(Topic created: 03-02-2024 08:34 PM)
VaheK
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, my Neo G8 will randomly and persistently give me a "HDMI1 Connected" notification on the bottom of the screen. The thing is, I am not using HDMI at all on my computer. I am using a DP2.1 for the G8, and another DP1.4 for my side monitor. I am running the monitor in 4k 240hz with HDR off. I have tried switching to Windows 11, same issue. Monitor is also updated to software version 1009.0. This issue is quite annoying as it pops up very frequently. I have tried switching display ports on my graphics card, and the monitor only has one DP port so I'm not sure what to do there. I also highly doubt it is the cable as I bought a well-rated one. (JSAUX DP2.1 10FT on Amazon). Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This is pretty strange. Something that you can try is to first factory reset the monitor, if this does not work then just try plugging an HDMI cable into the HDMI port just to see if it causes it to go away. If none of this works then there could potentially be an issue with the HDMI port itself, and this will be something that will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This is pretty strange. Something that you can try is to first factory reset the monitor, if this does not work then just try plugging an HDMI cable into the HDMI port just to see if it causes it to go away. If none of this works then there could potentially be an issue with the HDMI port itself, and this will be something that will require service. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.