Original topic:

Neo G9 + M1 Mac - HDMI and Display Port both won't show a picture

(Topic created: 11-18-2021 07:39 AM)
userX5pPtrnr2s
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi there, 

Just made the mistake of spending a small fortune on this monitor. Set it up out the box, connect it to the Display Port to USB-C connector - the Screen Acknowledges the connection then says there is no signal. 

I connect it to the HDMI - it acknowledges the connection on-screen, then tells me there is no signal or it just shows me static. 

My mac is communicating with it, I can set it as the main display, Adjust it in settings, etc, just nothing appears on the actual screen. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

What resolution and refresh rate are you using in the M1?

0 Likes
userX5pPtrnr2s
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Sorry, didn't see this reply. 

The display port wasn't working at all, so I used HDMI and the resolution change got it running. 

The monitor eventually broke completely - didn't even last 2 months. 

0 Likes
userVaPYcEzJ45
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm also using a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) and for some strange reason I can only use the HDMI source to connect to the screen, the problem with that is that I cant change the refresh rate or any of the special features. I found a youtube video of a guy who did manage to do it and bought the exact same cable and I just get a black screen, the monitor is less than a month old and I have updated the software to its latest version.

Also, I when I connect the USB c port to the MacBook and select the source on the screen, it appears black and then after 5 seconds it prompts up with a message saying no source found the device will shut down... but then I click on my mouse and it suddenly turns on again but no picture, back to the black screen. I have also tried buying another cable and it still doesn't work.

Can someone help me? Maybe I need some sort of driver for the computer to recognise the screen through USB C?

0 Likes