Original topic:

New Firmware Update (3B2QJXD7) for Samsung 990 PRO SSD

(Topic created: 05-24-2023 07:45 AM)
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello Samsung Community Users,

There is a known drive lock issue  with the Samsung Magician and the 990 pro Samsung SSD.

The issue is that the 990 PRO SSD may show up as locked within the Samsung Magician software despite of no encoding or lock settings being activated.

The Samsung 990 PRO will continue working as normal drive within the user's computer, however, if affected by the issue, Samsung Magician will not provide any of its normal options or information and will state that the drive is "locked".

Samsung has released a Firmware update fix as of May 22nd 2023, to resolve this known issue.

MemoryProductExpert1_0-1684938704441.png

Firmware update (3B2QJXD7) can be downloaded herehttps://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/support/tools/  

16 Replies
Vitalii_Br
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello. I have SSD 990 Pro with firmware 1B2QJXD7. Magician shows available update to 3B2QJXD7. I see than the difference between 2B2QJXD7 -> 3B2QJXD7 is "*To improve the abnormalities regarding drive locked on Magician software." But I can`t find change log between 1B2QJXD7 -> 2B2QJXD7.  Can you find change log between 1B2QJXD7 -> 2B2QJXD7 and help me to understand differents between 1B2QJXD7 -> 3B2QJXD7

0 Likes
friendly user
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Samsung Magician gives an error when I try to update from 1B2QJXD7 and persists at asking me to update each time I power my computer on.

0 Likes
usergL6th1vYVN
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I updated my 990 2T drive with this driver and it did not resolve the issue. It still reads as locked

0 Likes
ThePresident007
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

i just bought the 990 pro 2T drive and it has the newst frimware. But i the issue is still there. Just installed windows and only windows and allready used  462GB how is that posible?

0 Likes
skibax84
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

i think - you make a performance benchmark .... i checked on 2 x 990 pro --- result - on boot 300 mb writen - after benchmark 462GB

0 Likes
itsrunny
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

this firmware looks worse to me....   I just recd a 990 Pro, manufactured in March 2023, came with 1B2QJXD7, but I was getting a not supported message for every function in Magician apart from Drive Details, Drive Details and Performance Benchmark...  after upgrading to 3B2QJXD7, Drive Health is now saying N/A, same for Temperature....

0 Likes
Josh_g
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I can't update. I have the 2TB 990 Pro.  Just get the failed to update firmware on selected drive.  Win 11 pro.  So sick of Samsung at this point.  If i get one more notification that i need to update the firmware from a mediocre software that can't install it i'm going back to WD as my main SSD. Honestly I wouldn't care if the software didn't notify and kick me out of every game i'm playing every 20 min. 

0 Likes
Atlantida
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

In my case I had to pause my antivirus (Kaspersky), only then I was able to apply the firmware update.

0 Likes
Jaybonaut
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I just got the 4 TB 990 Pro.

The manufacturing date on the box is 10/21/23.

The firmware in Magician is listing 0B2QJXG7.  It claims that it is the latest version.  (Magician is 8.0 btw.)

Yes, that's a zero (0) at the beginning.  Proof:  Capture.PNG

0 Likes