cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: New Samsung Magician won't open

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same issue with evo 860. tried many trick without success. a can hear shortly plug/unplug sound when click on start icon, but don't start.

samsung  expert,  we need some solution.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here with 860 EVO

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For all of those that reinstalled 6.1, where did you find it? I tried a system restore to go back to 6.1 and it worked, but 6.1 was broken. None of the indicators would show up and there was text missing in  the dialog boxes. My system was completely fine before updating, so this update really messed something up. In order to do the system restore at all I needed to go to safe mode for it to complete successfully. I kept getting an error that there was a file in use and it would partially restore the system, only to cause corruption. I had to repair my Windows 10 install. Everything except Samsung Magician is working fine now, but I'd like to revert to 6.1 until this is fixed.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found and successfully installed version 6.1. This is where I got it:

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/samsung-magician-ssd-management-utility/

I hope it works for you.

Bruce

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the link. Same Issue here with 6.2.0.250 and 860 EVO.  Rolled back to 6.1 and 6.1 works fine.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Magician software was good...

Samsung TEST YOUR bloody software before you burn YOUR customers!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same here using W10 and 850 Pro.  Used upgrade sent by Samsung and also de-installed (deleted left over files) and tried clean install of 6.2  ... neither worked.  De-installed and deleted files left behind by poor Samsung sw  (!!)

Re-installed 6.1 and works again ... with several reboots as well.  Very boring.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For all solid-state drive questions, please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-SAMSUNG and choose option 7 for SSD support. The SSD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This isn't a drive issue though. It's a software bug. My drive works just fine and the 6.1 version of Magician works great. Is it unacceptable to reports bugs on the forum? I thought that was the purpose of places like this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uninstall 6.2 and roll back to Version 6.1 until Samsung gets this 6.2 issue worked out. There's a link to download 6.1 down thread but here's a copy.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/samsung-magician-ssd-management-utility/

On the left side of the Techpowerup window under "Download" select "Show Older Versions". Select and download 6.1.0 from there.