cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: New Samsung Magician won't open

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me either.

I'm using Windows 10 64-bit version 1909, as reported previously in this thread.

I checked, and Controlled folder access was not on.

Just to give it a try, I turned it on and then added SamsungMagician.exe as an "allowed app".

I then updated to version 6.2. Magician will not load.

I uninstalled 6.2, downgraded to 6.1 and Magician is working again.

In my case, the issue has not been solved. 6.2 is broken.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Effectively. All arranged. In Windows 10 Pro Security, the Samsung Magician is added in the table of allowed items and everything works correctly. it is Windows that is blocking it. The software works fine. Thank you.

@uservCpTioJ8C7 wrote:

I just got the Samsung Magician 6.2.0 installed replacing the previous version and it will not open. The task is running in task manager but no icon in the task bar and no application opens.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled as admin and ran the program as admin but still nothing.

I am running Windows 2004 and have an EVO 970 1TB

I do know the previous version opened fine after upgrading to Windows 2004

Anyone else experiencing this issue or have a resolution?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Effectively, you are wrong.  Apparently you haven't read the inumerable postings across the Internet by many who ARE NOT RUNNING WINDOWS SECURITY, SO STOP POSTING THAT AS A SOLUTION.  It's the software that's at fault.  Version 6.1 worked flawlessly for virtually everyone, Samsung forcefully pushes out an obviously untested update and only a portion of users have it work successfully. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK. I'm the one who posted the "controlled folders" cure that has worked for some. The previous version 6.1.0 also always popped up the notification, "cannot write to ...", but 6.1 always ran despite that, so I ignored the popup. When 6.2 popped that up and then did no more, that was my first clue and I searched and found the solution that I posted.

Since I applied that fix, Magician has performed flawlessly; the software seems ok. I didn't find a problem in Magician, I found a problem in Windows.

So Windows and Magician are both 100% for me and I only fixed Windows to make that so. I found no other related issues.

Is it not more probable then, that the reason some are still have a "no-go" is that there is another problem in Windows or some other user-installed software?

That being said, Samsung must surely be aware that some of its users are having a problem. It would be nice if they would look into it and post the results of their analysis.

at SamsungSSDTechs (apparently the at symbol is not allowed ...)

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Absolutely. It could be a conflict somewhere else. Whatever the issue is the fix certainly isn't obvious. I do IT related work, so I feel like I've made a solid attempt at getting 6.2 to work. I have never received "cannot write to..." errors at all on my machine. That's why I believe these issues could be slightly different for some of us, but display similar behaviors. I would also like to see some sort of response from Samsung on this. My machine is running with zero issues on 6.1, so if they choose to ignore the issue, I can remain on that indefinitely. It would be a shame to have to resort to not updating because that's not always the most secure thing to do.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I upgraded forom the evo 870 HDD to the NVME 970 pro + 1TB and it all worked fine with my current SSM 6.1 - and then i did the 6.2 thing and... you know the rest,
Read all the replies on here>
Downloaded  6.1, and of course would not let me install over 6.2
Unisntalled 6.2 via the start menu SM  uninstal
And got the msg that SSM 6.1 can't install as blocked by SILA03.dll
more research and ended up going in to Progs X86 and deleteing all SM files.
Still got the same SIlas msg, plus SM folder still showing in X86, but not in Start menu
|grrrrr

ended up ringing the 1300 no and spoke to James.
after some discussion and searching we decided maybe a restart was in order.
Hooray - all SM folders gone and 6.1 loaded straight up
Ran optimise and once again the like of Outlook fires straight up after going slow as i could not optimise under the non-firing 6.2

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Magician ver 6.2.1 is now running fine on Windows ver 19042.572.

I'm typing this comment using a Keyboardio Atreus which is running a Dvorak layout.

This webpage is running in Firefox Nightly ver 84.0a1, today's build.

All up to date now !!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. Also for me. Version 6.2.1 works fine.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

v6.2.1 is working for me too, FINALLY!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Awesome! 6.2.1 is working well for me too.