JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No Speaker Sound on LC27F398

(Topic created on: 10/26/20 12:56 PM)
userkEUvkcO48T
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

A few week old curved screen, 27 inch monitor.  First got it, sound came thru fine but now, no sound at all.  Looking at audio settings, I can see it showing something trying to play looking at the audio signal but no sound coming out.  I tried different HDMI cable, tried my laptop versus my desktop computer, no sound from it using either one.  I plugged headphones into the monitor and can hear sound that way so I know the sounds are getting to the monitor via the HDMI cable. No idea as to what to try from here.  Looked for any updated drivers for monitor, none.  Deleted audio drivers from desktop computer and had it build back up the audio drivers, not working that way either.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

According to the specifications and guides, there are no internal speakers on this model. I am actually using one of these monitors, and I can verify there are no internal speakers.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am sorry to hear about this. Have you tried a different set of speakers?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userkEUvkcO48T
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Maybe I am not understanding but aren't there speakers in the monitor since sound is supposed to come thru the HDMI connection? It used to work, now it doesn't other than if I plug my headphones into the headphone connector in the back. Would that mean sound is being sent but either defective speakers or some setting on the monitor is causing the problem? I am hoping some settings but not finding anything in the product manual.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

According to the specifications and guides, there are no internal speakers on this model. I am actually using one of these monitors, and I can verify there are no internal speakers.

View solution in context

0 Likes