Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Drewwilliams11
Asteroid

OSD Locked on one of my lc27jg50qqnxza monitors

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought and received today 2 lc27jg50qqnxza monitors. They both work like normal, except 1 has most of the OSD menu grayed out, and I cannot seem to get it to get unlocked.

I already talked with a Samsung chat rep and we did the basic troubleshooting, disconnecting devices, keeping power unplugged for 60+ seconds, etc. They suggested setting up a service request, which I really do not want to do...

Is there some hidden way to lock out the OSD that I can't find anywhere?IMG_20190319_160450.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drewwilliams11
Asteroid

Re: OSD Locked on one of my lc27jg50qqnxza monitors

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I ended up fixing it, I read that holding the Menu button on other monitors can lock/unlock the OSD.

I held the JOG button (The only button on this monitor) for various amounts of time, and nothing seemed to happen.

I just held it again for 10 seconds and it randomly worked. What bugs me is there was no visual indication that the OSD was locked in the software.

So basically if anyone else has this issue do this:

• Hold in the JOG/power button straight in (Not in any direction)
    • The mini menu will pop up and stay
    • After 10 seconds the mini menu will go away and you can release
  • There will be no visual indication that this does anything
    • It may take a few attempts, but if it works, the other functions and settings will become available.

Edit 2/5/19:

I had it get locked on me again randomly one day after turning it on, and I didn't realize how I did it.

Then today I found that you can lock/unlock the OSD by holding the JOG button left during source selection.

To note, I have no idea if this is a feature or a bug, since this particular model does not specify locking the menu ANYWHERE in the manual or online resources, but every other Samsung manual I have read does.

So trial and error, keep trying random button presses at random times until it work for you... =/

Thanks for the assistance Samsung Community members!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur if you change the type of cable that you are using for that monitor?

Drewwilliams11
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it occurs even with no display cables connected.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How are both monitors connected?

Drewwilliams11
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They are both connected via the same type of Displayport cable into my GTX 1080.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you provide all the troubleshooting steps you have taken, so we do not suggest them for the 2nd time? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Drewwilliams11
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
  • Removing power from the monitor for 60+ seconds
  • Using different display cables/types
  • Not using any display cables
  • Tried adjusting the couple settings I have access to (PC/AV Mode, DisplayPort Ver.)

Not much else I knew to do since I can't access any other system settings to factory reset.

Drewwilliams11
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I ended up fixing it, I read that holding the Menu button on other monitors can lock/unlock the OSD.

I held the JOG button (The only button on this monitor) for various amounts of time, and nothing seemed to happen.

I just held it again for 10 seconds and it randomly worked. What bugs me is there was no visual indication that the OSD was locked in the software.

So basically if anyone else has this issue do this:

• Hold in the JOG/power button straight in (Not in any direction)
    • The mini menu will pop up and stay
    • After 10 seconds the mini menu will go away and you can release
  • There will be no visual indication that this does anything
    • It may take a few attempts, but if it works, the other functions and settings will become available.

Edit 2/5/19:

I had it get locked on me again randomly one day after turning it on, and I didn't realize how I did it.

Then today I found that you can lock/unlock the OSD by holding the JOG button left during source selection.

To note, I have no idea if this is a feature or a bug, since this particular model does not specify locking the menu ANYWHERE in the manual or online resources, but every other Samsung manual I have read does.

So trial and error, keep trying random button presses at random times until it work for you... =/

Thanks for the assistance Samsung Community members!

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running and we appreciate the input!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user1Zgz9Qt78g
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just a question.. What do you mean by "during source seleciton"