JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Oddyssey G9 @240hz w 2080Ti = Half resolution? Why?

(Topic created on: 11/28/20 2:06 PM)
Oolahk
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

I just bought the G9 and love it! But setting 240hz connected to NVidia 2080Ti sets my resolution to half - my icons are double the size etc. NVidia control panel still shows that I'm at 5120x1440 but it's really not at full res... why is this happening?

Win 10

Nvidia Drivers: 456.71

G9 firmware: 1008.1

G9 - downloaded latest drivers as of 11/27/2020

6 Replies
Mafius
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same issue.

0 Likes
Solution
Oolahk
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I think I figured it out...when you set the refresh to 240hz from G9 monitor menu, Windows changes your "text, apps, & other items" scaling to 200% making it seem like resolution was halved...

1. Set monitor to 240hz

2. Set refresh in Nvidia control panel

3. Right click on desktop - select Display Settings

4. Under Display (default) set "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" back to 100%

Changing refresh should not change this settings..why does Win10 set to 200%? IHNFC...

winscalaing.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
user1xkXJ0ttbN
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Anyone have any tips for updating firmware? tried it all. different drives. different formats. Cannot get mine to pick up USB. doesnt even light up.

0 Likes
Oolahk
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi user1xkXJOttbn,

I was able to update the firmware to 1008.1

Here's what I did:

1. Downloaded the firmware.zip (the instructions need to be updated because there is no .bin in the process anymore)

2. Unzip it.

3. The .img inside the unzipped folder is what needs to be copied to a USB stick. (I'm not sure if you are connecting to a USB Ext. hard drive, but I think the instructions say to use a USB stick which is what I did) Also remember the USB stick needs to be inserted into the back of the monitor (left side if you're facing your monitor,  right side if  you're looking at the back of the monitor) there is a USB port with "Service" marked on the plastic - the label is hard to read bc it's written in the mold of the plastic - I had to shine my phone light to see the words...

4. You should hear Windows sound when you connect the USB Stick - also double check that the monitor's USB cable is also connected to your computer.

5. Go into the monitor menu and try again. Remember the .img file needs to be in the root of the USB stick otherwise it won't find it.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
user1xkXJ0ttbN
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks!
so i have the usb drive in the right slot. the usb cable connected to my windows (not getting any kind of acknowldegement ding). could it be windows isn't finding the monitor?

0 Likes
Oolahk
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Np!

hm.. have you tried updating firmware? I don't think it's necssary to connect to windows for the firmware update (as it's only updating from the USB stick to the monitor itself) but I heard a ding when i put my USB stick in the back of the monitor because the monitor was connected to windows w a USB cable.

1. Try running the firmware update from the OSD.

As for the ding

1. Make sure everything is on and connected (without the USB stick plugged in)

2. When all powered on, put the USB stick in the Service port and listen for a ding.

3. If no ding, try connected USB from monitor into a different USB port on your computer.

That's all I can think of ... 

0 Likes