Original topic:

Odyseey G5 cannot update firmware. Or cannot find the usb drive.

(Topic created on: 3/30/21 7:18 PM)
FILIPINOY79
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

So I've read different post on how to format the usb drive.  Here's the real issue.

I have the Samsung Odyssey 34 Ultra Wide Screen Gaming Monitior (Model# LC34G55TWWNXZA)

The name of the file from Samsung's website is, "M-T5500GGZA-1006.0"  The current version from the monitor is, "M-T5534GCPA-1000.7".  Then on their "manual" it talks about the naming rule.  So the freaking firmware is named wrong :).  

Untitled.png

Are we supposed to change the name to match everything before the "-"

13 Replies
eightysixed
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
0 Likes
FILIPINOY79
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory
You posted a video that is totally different. The monitor in question only has one USB port. Plus I still haven't updated the firmware.
0 Likes
eightysixed
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
My bad. I don't have that monitor. But for better advise try reddit
0 Likes
userKOUSjoGWzs
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

same problem, cannot find the file on usb whatever stick i tryed, i`ve come alone with the solution to rename file to the request name, started the update but stopped at zero , pls reupdate the firmware with the corect filenames ...tx

userDY08utSPgo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same problem too, I wrote an email to Samsung and I am waiting for a reply. I am writing to you in case I find a solution

0 Likes
userDY08utSPgo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Apparently the updates only work on "US" products all the others have simply been "forgotten" and the proof is that on the samsung pages of other countries there are no updates for the 55 series

0 Likes
FILIPINOY79
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory
Weird I'm in the US
0 Likes
userniJImi8JiZ
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Nope, they don't even work on US products. I know, because I just bought a new G5 with ancient fw, 1001.1, and can't update it.

0 Likes
userDY08utSPgo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

This means there is an update for the odyssey 5 series but not the 34 inches

0 Likes