Original topic:

Odyssey Ark Multiple Inputs Update?

(Topic created: 11-23-2023 09:38 AM)
CletusJ56
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Good afternoon,

I'm inquiring about when will there be an update that allows the montior to work on multiple inputs? Before buying the monitor back in November I spoke with a technical representative who mentioned that Samsung intends on doing a software update later on which would allow you to use multiple inputs such as 2 HDMI devices. Since that time there really hasn't been much updates that have came through for this monitor. I know models such as the Neo G9 had the ability to use multiple inputs and the newest monitor that is OLED has the ability to also use multiple inputs. So I'm curious if Samsung truly does intend on pushing out an update that gives us all the ability to use what most of us probably purchased this monitor to do. I do understand that you could do work arounds such as connecting via bluetooth or airplay however the lag is not worth the struggle in my opinion. Will Samsung be pushing out an update that many are wanting for this monitor that could be one of the best?

usery1GdRLpWRI
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I think it sounds like a good time for a class action lawsuit.  They were very deceptive about the fact that you couldn't use more than one hardware input to begin with.  Then look at what they did to remedy that in Gen 2 and you can tell there was a shady business practice.  I think I'll look into this.  I usually don't go for these things, even if I'm affected, but I paid way too much for this monitor for them to screw us over like this.

0 Likes
joe cooney
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Any updates on this issue? I would like an update, I too purchased this product as an early adopter and feel punished.  I am thinking of switching to the G3 but if this is an option I might reinvest.  Very disappointed with the way this was handled. 

SamFanAndy
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have my Ark getting delivered tomorrow and reading this is definitely disappointing, I fully thort I would be albe to have my ps5 and pc on multi screen. 

So please Samsung cam this be resolved. 

CletusJ56
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
Yeah unfortunately the only way to do that is to have your PC connect via Bluetooth which the only issue imo is the lag between the two.
0 Likes
ElChe23
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

hey did you hear from Samsung about this issue is very disappointing. I hope they do something or I’m returning my monitor. At least give us the option to get a new one connect box 

0 Likes
AngryG1Owner
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Samsung owes us G1 buyers this option. The amount of issues with this monitor and lack of communication is sick. I will personally never buy another Samsung product if this not addressed with G1 owners.

0x0n3
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Bump, I will be buying the new version but I would like to upgrade my existing one. In all the reviews I watched this was going to be a feature in the 2022 version. Is there any upgrade path or us or do we just have a 200 pound TV

0 Likes
Gelano
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

If you do buy this, do you mind testing connecting the new 2023 OneConnect box to your older 2022 box just to confirm it works?  Thank you!

0 Likes
kyle atlanta
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

@usernmsdvn97en_--- are you going to really just trash your Ark Gen 1 customers and not come up with a solution?  I did not buy the Ark to only be able to see 1 computer at a time on the screen.   Multi-view is useless to be able to see 2 different computers on 1 screen at the same time.   Spending 2-3k dollars more to get Gen 2 Ark is not a solution for Gen 1 buyers.

0 Likes
Members_Q6CaNj4
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

The Gen2 connect box, does not work with the Gen1, it has been tested by other users.  I am uncertain if this is a Samsung s/w and/or h/w limitation. Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

0 Likes