Original topic:

Odyssey Ark Multiple Inputs Update?

(Topic created: 08-01-2023 10:54 AM)
CletusJ56
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Good afternoon,

I'm inquiring about when will there be an update that allows the montior to work on multiple inputs? Before buying the monitor back in November I spoke with a technical representative who mentioned that Samsung intends on doing a software update later on which would allow you to use multiple inputs such as 2 HDMI devices. Since that time there really hasn't been much updates that have came through for this monitor. I know models such as the Neo G9 had the ability to use multiple inputs and the newest monitor that is OLED has the ability to also use multiple inputs. So I'm curious if Samsung truly does intend on pushing out an update that gives us all the ability to use what most of us probably purchased this monitor to do. I do understand that you could do work arounds such as connecting via bluetooth or airplay however the lag is not worth the struggle in my opinion. Will Samsung be pushing out an update that many are wanting for this monitor that could be one of the best?

22 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Monitors and Memory
I believe you are taking about using multi view that allows you to use up to 4 different screens at once? It is available in quick settings menu. Hit menu settings then muti view then select to add view. Make sure the devices you want to use are powered on and outputting a signal. In your case you would select PC and then HDMI in addition to that you can add YouTube web browsers USB cam Etc. Note if you're talking about something else I apologize20230801_111840_1000012557_1690913922.jpg20230801_111852_1000012558_1690913933.jpg
0 Likes
CletusJ56
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
I'm referring to using multiple inputs, those options you can't hardwire multiple devices and use those as all of your views. You can only use samsung applications with 1 hdmi input. Example if you wanted to connect a gaming system and hard connect your computer you cannot. You would have to choose. Or connecting two separate laptops to the screen. Also I'm not sure if the monitor has the capabilites of doing multiple screens for the computer.
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Monitors and Memory
Did you try the computer option as one hdmi then hdmi 2 as another? It that still doesn't work what software are you on? Also are you using the arc or g8?
0 Likes
hunterraider
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
There is no option for multiple hdmi selection I'm using ark and software is 1520.
quico5000
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I think the only option we would have for multiple inputs is for Samsung to sell us or trade us the control thingy (One Connect) with all the inputs to the new one on the Ark 2023. I believe it is a hardware limitation on that thing that does not allow the multiple input, so I doubt a software update will allow it.

I see it as the price of being an early adopter.

So Samsung, if you read this: as proud owner of a 2022 Odyssey Ark, I would pay to get the new One Connect box to be able to use multiple inputs on my "old Ark." I would really appreciate if you gave us the option, please and thank you.

userOkF9IbjYN8
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I also would like a path forward on the one connect box with current gen Ark - Samsung can you confirm the new box will work with Gen 1 Ark - I do not consider this an early adopter tax - this is a 3k monitor with a limited feature set and 0 communication from your team and only a few SW updates!

ElChe23
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

hey did you hear anything from Samsung about this issue or being able to get a new one connect box ???

Ferretto
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

The problem is the lack of communication from Samsung. I see multiple queries about the same problem and now that Samsung seems to acknowledge the problem, instead of fixing the issue for the existing users they decided to launch a gen2 and give a f*** for those whom acquired it previously. Shame. 

Tytus11
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Samsung won't sell us the One Connect and added some software to prevent it from working. They are punishing early adopters to try and sell the Gen2. Seems like BS as the monitor hasn't been upgraded in any way.