(Topic created: 05-23-2021 03:09 PM)
userycHhVk79IC
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

G5 Odyssey 32' Gaming Monitor

Windows 10 Pro

Updated monitor Firmware and Drivers

I recently purchased a Samsung G5 Odyssey 32' Gaming Monitor.  I set up the monitor and added USB LED backlights.  The issue I'm having is that the backlights work inconsistently. When I turn the monitor on manually (hit the power button underneath the monitor), the backlights power up normally.  When I lock my PC (WIN+L), Windows turns off my monitor automatically after about a minute.  When I hit a key to cycle back into Windows, the monitor turns on properly, but the backlights fail to turn back on. To get the backlights to power back on after Windows automatically turns on my monitor, I have to manually turn off and back on the monitor (using the power button lower middle).

Additionally, the backlights came with a little remote.  When the monitor turns back on after Win 10 shuts it down automatically, none of the remote controls work.  After I physically cycle the power using the monitor power button, the remote works again.  From what I can tell, when the monitor cycles back on, the USB port doesn't have power after Win auto shuts it down after auto turning it back on.  Power to the port only appears to return after a physical power cycle.

The manual only mentions the USB port as a service port.  From scrolling the monitor internal menus, I was unable to find any settings to change the USB port behavior.

I have a 9-year-old Samsung smart TV with USB backlights.  The backlights always turn on when the TV is on, and always turn off when the TV is off.   Just looking for a way to get this new gaming monitor to do the same. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
userycHhVk79IC
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Bump.

0 Likes
phara0h
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Let me guess, you never found a solution for this? I'm having the same issues using a light bar with my Odyessey G5...

0 Likes
userxwVksL8n2Z
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

i brought the same model, but the the smaller one the 27 inch, i have been struggling to upgrade the firmware but it didn't work, could you explain to me how did you upgraded the firmware ?

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

Update instructions are in the User Manual.

If you haven't installed the  proper .bin file for your 27" monitor model on the USB stick it won't work.

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

If you read your User Manual you'll find the USB port is ONLY for providing software updates to the monitor.

It is NOT a common usage PC USB port.

0 Likes