cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Odyssey G7 27 Issues

Looking at this forum I am not sure if Samsung even looks here..

I am one of many customers who is having major issues with the Odyssey monitor. I have reached out to Samsung by phone and chat, both were equally useless since the staff is not well trained and has no idea what this monitor is.

The issues:

- Major flicking during games with adaptive sync on, even in high frame rates.

- Monitor is not validated as G-Sync compatible by Nvidia (even though this monitor is advertised that it is) I am not sure how this is not borderline fraud/deception?

- Wake up can take so long that Windows decides that another monitor will be main display.

How are these issues not acknowledged by Samsung? I would love a deadline by which they are resolved, right now I am going to give them until my return date and send it back. I hope Samsung has plenty of storage ready for all the returns if they do not get their act together.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Odyssey G7 27 Issues

I came here to hopefully see  a repsonse from Samsung but nothing.

I picked up a 32" G7 yesterday and instantly saw the flickering issue with G-Sync enabled. If there is nothing official announced this week it'll be going back for a refund.

Highlighted
Constellation

Also picked up a 32" G7 just yesterday and same issues here. Hoping the release a firmware update to sort this out soon. really dissapointing

Highlighted
Astronaut

I also have the third problem(along with all the other ones, obviously... :/)! So that's what it does... I thought it was Windows doing funky stuff again because of HDR being activated. I have to be honest here, i own 4 different Samsung products and they all feel nice, looks nice, advertised to be the best, yet all of them have major flaws in them. Which really vacuums, seeing as their products are very pricy.

Starting to look a lot like a certain other company Smiley Frustrated

It's really sad, but hey, now that they've made this screen, it won't be long until the other brands make something similar. So hopefully they can make a better product. Cause Samsung doesn't seem to give a flying [edit].

If anyone knows a fix or some software, that could mitigate Windows shuffling all my windows around, everytime i go away for 10~15 minutes, it'd be very welcomed to hear about it. This really screws with my work-flow. Plus, it's annoying as all down-below/nether/bad place.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same issue here!nvidiagsync.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

Its probebly your graphic card or displayport cable. Whats your graphic card because i think only Rtx serie or higher can reach 240hz with DSC 1.2, new video card have DSC 1.2 ACTIVE or make sure your NVIDIA OR AMD GRAPHIC CARD support DSC1.2, if you have gtx serie they dont have DSC1.2 even if you have the right cable, you will get only 120 - 144hz.

You will probebly see 240hz for the monitor but the GTX 1XXX serie dont have this option DSC1.2 if you try to use 240hz you will get flickering.

Just make sure your graphic card support DSC1.2 and you will never have problem with 240hz if you have the right displayport 1.4 cable HBR3.

This product is SPECIFICALLY designed to work with the latest Graphics Processing Units (GPU’s) which supports DSC 1.2.

These are the supported GPUs

AMM NAVI: RX5700, RX5600XT, RX5700XT, RADEON VII, RX5500XT.

NVIDIA TURING+AMPERE: RTX 3XXX, TITAN RTX , RTX 2080, RTX 2070, RTX 2060 QUADRO™: RTX8000, RTX6000, RTX5000, RTX4000, RTX3000 MOBILE.

Intel™ Eleven Based Gen: IceLake, Iris Plus Graphics, UHD Graphics.

Highlighted
Astronaut

@Kronos77  what are you talking about man, why spread false information? Where does it say that older graphics cards are not supported?!

I run 1080TI on DisplayPort at 240Hz no problems!

BUT the display flickers when I enable AdaptiveSync/G-Sync.