Original topic:

Odyssey G7 disconnects/reconnects on wake up

(Topic created: 05-28-2022 09:56 AM)
Nobes
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Everytime this monitor wakes from sleep it disconnects/reconnects from the PC.

its completely useless in a multi monitor setup, as all you icons and window placements are forgotten everytime the monitor is woken from sleep mode.

its driving me nuts, found many people with the same issue on other forums etc, but no ones solved it.

This post was about the same issue but seems to have been closed so i cant reply to it.
Odyssey-G7-wakeup-from-sleep

This post was about the same issue but got locked and hidden so i cant even read it.
Samsung-Odyssey-G7-Auto-Detect-of-Active-Input-Source 

ive tried every setting i can find in the menus (as has everyone else)

different drivers
different firmwares
different PCs

is samsung even trying to fix the issue or do they just not care?

6 Replies
Nobes
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

3 weeks, no response....

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be and I apologize for the wait for answer. There is a similar post with a solution. Can you give it a try and let me know if it helps? https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/Samsung-Odyssey-G70A-Standby-Constantly-Disc...

0 Likes
userRaDwSwS8nR
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

The linked thread doesn't describe the same issue at all. In addition, since the G7 doesn't have HDMI 2.1, the only way we can get the advertised 240Hz 1440p output is via a Displayport cable.

Every time my monitor wakes from sleep OR changes resolutions (when launching a full-screen game at a resolution that doesn't match the native res, as you'd expect to happen when launching a game for the first time) it disconnects briefly, minimizing any full screen games and shifting all of my windows around in a multi-monitor configuration. I keep updating the firmware when another one comes out, hoping it'll fix this issue, but it never does.

0 Likes
userjuv4HtRSMx
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

It is amazing that the only reply this issue has gotten from an official Samsung Rep is a Workaround and not an actual solution. I mean It is not like we are talking about a flagship line of monitors riddled with similar issues all across the board

0 Likes
user06ST0Sv04r
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I’m also having the same issue on firmware 1014.1.

userO9JLNhyoL8
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am having the same issue with firmware 1014.1, freesync ON, VRR control ON, AMD graphicscard

If my PC wants to go to stand-by I am getting the Windows connect/disconnect sound every few minutes.

Can this not be solved with a firmware update?

0 Likes