Original topic:

Odyssey G9 - Cannot add custom Nvidia resolution

(Topic created on: 1/27/21 12:03 PM)
Carnilo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi

For some reason the common Ultrawide resolution 3440x1440 at 240Hz isn't in the list of available resolutions so I want to add it manually. But the "Customize"-button below the resolutions is greyed out.
And no it's not due to having DSR enabled because I don't even have DSR as an option in my 3D-settings in Nvidia. If you change to 120Hz in the OSD you can add custom resolutions but only in 120Hz or below which defeats the purpose of having a 240Hz monistor.

I'm using a Samsung Odyssey G9 set to 5120x1440(32:9) 240Hz, together with a RTX 3080 with the latest drivers.

Does anyone know how to fix this? All suggestions are welcome cause I really need to get this working.

0 Likes
7 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

According to the Standard Signal Mode table for the G9 in YOUR User manual 3440x1440 is not an acceptable resolution.

It is however available  on a 34" Ultrawide like I use.

0 Likes
Carnilo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yea all that means is that it is not in the list of the default resolutions. Hence why I want to add it as a custom resolution. If I change to 120Hz I can add custom resolutions but not in 240Hz for some reason

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

So, the monitor actually runs 3440x1440 @ 120Hz?

0 Likes
Carnilo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes it does.

0 Likes
Nikoyevitch
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Guys, you have to set the monitor in 120hz (with the little button bellow the screen), then activate the Adaptative syn ON

Then you can go to the Nvidia control panel, turn Gsync off and you will be able to set the customized resolution ;) 

Enjoy !

0 Likes
Carnilo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I was already aware of this method but all this does is let you add the resolution in 120Hz and not 240Hz, and on top of that you are limited to only 8bpc so this is not a solution unfortunately.

So my question is, how do you add 3440x1440 at 240Hz as a custom resolution?

0 Likes
userIEDHIKI3fc
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

why is no one answering thissss!!!!!!!

0 Likes