Original topic:

Odyssey G9: Disable No Signal Blinking

(Topic created: 09-22-2021 12:23 PM)
usercYMYbjswJl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have an Odyssey G9 monitor that I have connected to two sources.    When one of the sources goes to sleep, the No Signal on that source starts to flash.     This is incredibly annoying because I am using PIP mode and I am OK with the one computer going to sleep while working on another computer....I just can't tolerate the flashing screen.

Is there a way to disable this "feature" or at least stop it after a few mins?

I would be ok too if there was a way to switch out of PIP mode into full screen if one of the sources goes blank.   

Whichever can be done, I am fine with....just stop the blinking   😵

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, I understand how frustrating that can be and yes we would recommend disabling or turning off the PIP mode when you are not using more than one source to prevent the blinking message. I have a link to access the user manual here User Manual for review of the PIP/PMP settings, the information can be located on page.30. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usercYMYbjswJl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you for the quick reply, however, I know how to turn of PIP mode using the buttons, but what I would prefer is NOT to have to press anything.   This should be automatic (at least an option for automatic) on the monitor.

Or, just a way to turn off the blinking screen.   

Something that doesn't require me to navigate through menu buttons.

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Understood and regrettably, there is not an "automatic" option as you requested but you can check with the manufacturer or Microsoft to see if there's an available app for what you are trying to do. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usercYMYbjswJl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Not sure how software can manage this.   It is the monitor that is displaying the "No Signal" screen.   Can you elaborate on how software could correct this issue?

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Absolutely, you stated you would like to not "have to press a button" to deactivate the PIP mode which will get rid of the "No Signal" message you reported that blinks on the source. Regrettably, that is not an option, you will need to turn off the PIP mode to resolve the message. However, you stated this should be an automatic option and I advised due to it not being an automatic option, you can research further to see if there is an available application that can assist you. I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience you have experienced.   

0 Likes