Original topic:

Odyssey G9 HDMI not working on nvidia MX250 (Dell latitude 5411)

(Topic created: 08-17-2021 01:43 AM)
2ool
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

I had the G9 for sometimes and it being working fine until I got this laptop (Dell latitude 5411).

issue is the monitor is not working (showing no HDMI signal) when I connect it directly to laptop HDMI or even with the dock station.

The laptop port is HDMI 2.0b it suppose to support 5120x1440 resolution. However, it is not the case.

if I change monitor settings from HDMI 2.0 to 1.4 it works but the resolution will be capped @ 3840x1080.

Same thing if I change HDMI connection type from PC to VA, but the aspect ratio & resolution is messed up.

This is on windows 10 with latest updates and latest intel UHD & nvidia drivers. & 1012.1 latest G9 firmware.
So I thought it is issue with the cable (even tho it is working fine on other PC), and replace it with new HDMI 2.1 cable and the issue change from "no signal" to blinking screen (like dis/connect).
I try to re-install windows, but that didn't fix the issue.

I also tried to roll back G9 to older firmware but it gives error and didn't continue firmware update.

anyone having same issue before? and did able to fix it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

If the monitor works on other devices I would recommend reaching out to Dell concerning this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
2ool
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thank you Larry for reply and recommendation.

However, since the laptop also has no issue connecting to any other monitor except the G9, I am posting here if anyone had similar issue.

This issue could be also related to intel UHD graphics, Dell or nvidia, which I am still looking into.

0 Likes
userh4rrwcTxww
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Those trash monitors does not support normally hdmi 2.0. Have similar issue with M7 Smart (not sure) Monitor - works fine with my old laptop's HDMI 1.4 (4k but only 30 fps) and starts losing signal every 20-30 miutes with HDMI 2.0 devices (HP Elitedesk with integrated GPU Vega 11 for example). Only after cable is reconnected it can work again but for some short time

0 Likes