cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Odyssey G9 Monitor C49G95TSSN

I just received my monitor today, and went to Microcenter for additional display port cables. While there, I learn there is an issue with the Odyssey G9 Monitors and they were instructed to pull them all off the floor.

Would someone please tell me what the issue is and whether or not it is okay to use the monitor. 

I appreciate any applicable information you can provide.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Odyssey G9 Monitor C49G95TSSN

Apparently there were some issues with QC, some models were not sealed properly causing big issues to the screen itself. So besides the gsync flickering you should be good if it works without blobs/light spots.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks.  My monitor appears to be working fine.  I feel so much better now.  Thanks again.

Highlighted
Astronaut

The  isssues im experiencing just getting the monitor today is i have backlight bleed from thr upper right middle-right corner area and that the screen has a flickering issue when HDR is enabled, this is also whilst adaptive sync and adaptive brighness are turned off. i will be returning my monitor and requesting a new one.

Highlighted
Constellation

Sure would be nice if Samsung would publically announce this for those of us spending $2000 on a product of theirs, having no clue why our orders were all cancelled.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Now I am scared. I did not get cancelled which means I may be getting something undesirable. My date keeps getting pushed, it is now 8/11.

Highlighted
Constellation

I just returned my Odyssey G9.  It began to intermittently flash and I was having a difficult time get the display to wake from standby or recover from a black screen. Rather than take any other chances, I returned it.

If you have not received yours yet, you may want to cancel and go with something else for the next six months to a year, until they have all the issues resolved.

I loved my monitor, but could not take the chance on wasting $1700.

Highlighted
Constellation

I just cancelled. Everybody that owns one seems to have issues. Not good. Hopefully they will get their act together soon enough. As someone who is in QA for a living, what I am reading is unacceptable. This product shouldn't have shipped at all.