JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey G9 Screen Flicker

(Topic created: 01-13-2021 06:03 PM)
user8IE94X7d8r
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm noticing an intermittent flicker in my screen just left of center. I purchased this monitor a little over a month ago. How can I get it fixed?

userXhfzHot9Qr
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I also get flicker with 120Hz with my GTX 1070 when adaptive sync is on, when I turn it of everything is fine. Firmware 1008.1 and latest nvidia driver.

0 Likes
useruokCa0K9Hn
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same problem 😕

0 Likes
useruokCa0K9Hn
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Is there any solution to this other then replacing the screen ?

0 Likes
MG33
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same issue here as well. Looks like a replacemnt is the only solution... Samsung won't even honor my warranty as they have no units availble to replace it! 

0 Likes
usersSt8LdzVyb
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same problem. Flickering in games when G-sync is on. I have the Samsung Odyssey G9 with firmware v 1008.1 and Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 TI. An interesting note is that an older version (I don't remember which, but I will find it again) version of the Geforce driver works without flickering - but new games force me to update the driver 😕

0 Likes
usersSt8LdzVyb
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Geforce drivers v451.67 works without flickering on RTX 2080 TI, but with that driver I have problemes selecting lower resolutions in games - so it's a no go for me as a temporary solution. 

0 Likes
userWbs1xSbq19
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am also having this issue on day one of using my G9.

mutorcs
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same issue with a Radeon 5700XT. I can actually make it flicker just by placing a dark gray window on the left side of the screen.

userzdYehajDnq
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Frankly, it’s alarming  to see so many other people with the same problem as I have.

GTX 3090, Nvidia latest drivers. Screen flickers periodically with G-sync either on or off, Adapative Sync on and off, and on both ports.
Brand new  display port 1.4 cable, brand new Intel i9 10900k-based rig.

will somebody please let us know what’s going on with these very expensive, high end monitors?

0 Likes
userWyxzULtK63
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Still get the flickering with latest nvidia drivers and latest monitor firmware at the time of posting this.

0 Likes