Original topic:

Odyssey G9 Will Not Save Picture Settings

(Topic created on: 10/25/20 7:45 PM)
users1qoQypR96
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am running the new firmware and cannot get the monitor to save my color settings (R,G,B levels) under custom picture. Every time the monitor boots up, or if you switch to a different mode (normal, warm 1 etc..) and back to custom picture, all 3 R,G,B levels are back at 50 every time. This makes calibrating the screen impossible.

Thanks.

18 Replies
EKINOOX
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

It's indeed a problem, mine won't save settings too. Honestly, for a 2000$ monitor, I expect better...

Roma1
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, sorry for my English I use a translator. I have exactly the same problem as you. My G9 screen no longer retains the RGB color settings. As soon as I turn off the monitor, or change the frequency, when I restart windows... everything returns to the RGB setting 50,50,50. Help ! I have the latest Nvidia drivers and Ver1006.2

users1qoQypR96
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello? Any help from Samsung on this?

Roma1
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, I'm still waiting for a response but nothing yet. I will be relaunching them next week. Hope the next firmware version fixes this problem.

0 Likes
Roma1
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

The new version of Samsung Odyssey G9 - Firmware Update 1008.1 has arrived, but still does not fix the problem on custom RGB setting.

0 Likes
userPNV0WbXA26
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Wow. Just noticed this too. Same here. No wonder my calibration seems wonky every time I turn off/on the monitor. From QC issues like light leaking through panel, snap/crackle/pop sounds, adaptive sync+240hz issues on nvidia to not being able to retain color settings. And after many months with barely any resolutions, this monitor is just a failure on all fronts and only good on paper specs.

Spoolax
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same issue. When the monitor goes to sleep it defaults back to 50 50 50 colour tone.

It's crazy that this top-end monitor has so many issues. 

userGTt41LYpDW
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Bumping this as something that needs to be fixed

0 Likes
Jaytie
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi!

I'm having the same problem! This makes calibrating the monitor quite hard, since I have to change the color settings all the time before photoediting. This is an absolute nogo for a monitor in this pricerange!

Any news on the RGB thing?

Also I would love to have the option to safe 2 or 3 custom settings profiles for different situations like gaming, editing etc. , which I can quickly load later. I was used to that feature from my older monitor. This shouldn't be too hard to implement.

0 Likes