cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Odyssey Plus: Blinking Green Light & No Video

I bought a Samsung Odyssey Plus and cannot seem to get any video output to show on the headset. I have installed and uninstalled Windows Mixed Reality multiple times. I am able to pair controllers, and WMR shows what I "see" with the headset, including doing head tracking on the desktop-side mirror of the headset's view, but I can't get anything to actually show up on the headset's screens.

The HDMI cable is plugged straight into my nVidia 2080 Super, and the USB plug has been put alternately into the USB port on the GPU, a USB port on the motherboard, and a USB port on a USB dock plugged into a USB 3.x port on the computer. In all of these scenarios, the result is the same: everything works except the screens in the headset.

I have also tried plugging into my laptop - the USB is plugged into a USB-A port in the laptop, and the HDMI cable is plugged either into a 2070 in a Thunderbolt 3 dock or into a USB-C to HDMI adapter on the laptop. The result is still the same: the headset pairs, head-tracking works, and the controllers pair as expected, but there is still no display.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Odyssey Plus: Blinking Green Light & No Video

Hey,

Sorry for you having these issues. Like you've mentioned before, plug the HDMI into your GPU and plug the USB into a USB3.0 slot.

Also please check if your windows and your nVidia software is up to date. There were some known issues regarding with Windows 1709 and the Odyssey+. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I've made for dang sure it's got a USB 3.0 slot. GPU drivers are latest as per GeForce Experience, and Windows has all the latest updates. I'd love to try to RMA the device, but the support lines are abandoned, for now: the answering robot doesn't listen to the phone line and hangs up every time I call.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Which windows version are you running? Does it seem like there are any issues with the cables themselves? Since you did just recently purchase it and none of the troubleshooting steps helped then I would recommend taking it back for an exchange. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, I just bought the same headset about two weeks ago. Since yesterday, I have been experiencing the same issue. The display won't turn up and the green light blinks constantly but tracking works and the portal runs on pc as if there is no problem . Everything was working fine before today on my system and I didn't change anything on my computer since the last time it worked.

After removing the drivers in device manager, uninstalling the portal app and reinstalling everything the headset turned on. However, after 30 min of use, the screen flickered, turned off and the same issue started to happen again (display won't turn on, green light blinks etc.).

As we're both experiencing basically the same issue on the same day with the same headset which I understand are both brand new devices, I'm starting to suspect a problem with the drivers and or Windows itself.  I have until April 12 to return it . I'll post here if I find anything helpful until then.