cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Odyssey g9 - 10-bit option and screen issue

Good afternoon;
I wanted to post some photos of a issue i had with my screen (LC49g95t, N7 Production) a few days ago and also ask about issues i have running the screen with 10-bit, 240Hz.
I am running the Gigabyte Gaming OC 3090; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, 850W PS, i9-9900K but i don’t think that matters.
I can’t seem to run the screen at 240Hz with or without adaptive sync. I am currently only running on 120Hz that that seems to work fine but there is no 10-bit option; only the 8-bit option. I am wondering if it is just a driver issue with the 3090, related to the 240Hz which I have read online but I can’t seem to get 240Hz non adaptive sync to work either. Want to make sure it’s not the screen.
A few days ago during a daylong gaming session i noticed some wired fragments on the right side of the screen; its faint and during action gameplay it wasn’t easily noticeable until you know about it. It was not game related because my desktop and windows restart screen had the same persisting issue. I ended up turning off the PC for a while and checked all my connections (none of them where loose or crooked) but the issue was gone. I can’t exclude connection issues but I did not find any that where bad so I am wondering if it was heat/time related. It has not happened since but will give it another extended session this weekend to test. Does anyone have any input on plausible cause?
I have attached images as reference.

Any input would be appreciated.

Win_startWin_startDesktopDesktopGameGame

image0.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Odyssey g9 - 10-bit option and screen issue

Nvidia did a hot fix last week to the driver look for version 456.98, try that update!

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5099

Highlighted

Re: Odyssey g9 - 10-bit option and screen issue

Also Samung just released firmware 1008.1 for the G9 monitor that address 240hz with G-sync / HDR enabled.