Original topic:

Odyssey g9 240hz limited resolution options

(Topic created: 05-18-2021 09:34 AM)
user3BMfy2cBQ1
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have a RTX 2070 and an Odyssey G9 monitor.  When the monitor is set to 240hz, my control panel only gives me 4 resolution options.

5120x1440

1920x1440

1920x1200

1600x1200

I have every resolution option when it is set to 120hz.  Is there a fix for this?

9 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

I understand how this can be frustrating, in your Nvidia settings are you using the DSR settings for the resolution, or you using the pc settings? The reason I am asking is that the DSR settings will sometimes limit the Hz to get a better resolution, also 240Hz will be limited to certain resolutions also. And resolutions and HZ will be limited to what you are using for the video cable whether it is display port or is HDMI. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user3BMfy2cBQ1
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

The 4 options I were given was only for PC.  DSR is not an option at all.  I do get Ultra HD options when I switch to 140hz on the monitor but there are only 4 PC options when in 240hz

0 Likes
user3BMfy2cBQ1
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Below are my options.  240 is the only option when set to 240 on my monitor.

user3BMfy2cBQ1_0-1621355610724.png

Lastly, this was not the case when I had a GTX 1080.  I feel this may be related to RTX cards.  I don't even have the customize option.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yeah, there may be some compatibility issues I know I new driver came out today or last night I would recommend updating your drivers if you have not already, and try again. If that does not work if possible try with an HDMI just to see if the settings change? And to also try with a different monitor or TV if possible. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

Your User Manual contains a Signal Mode Table listing the resolutions/refresh combinations the monitor can accomodate.

Research into what the 2070 is capable of is also advised.

0 Likes
Xessive
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the exact same issue. Only 4 resolutions available. However, I noticed that in the "Adjust desktop size and position" menu when I switch scaling from GPU to Display, I get all the resolutions available again. The problem is this only applies to the desktop and in games only 4 resolutions are available again.

The other thing I found is that in the monitor's OSD menu, when I activate Adaptive Sync all the resolutions appear. But when I disable Adaptive Sync I'm back to the same limited 4 resolutions.

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

The complaint you are expressing is explained in the User Manual.  Reading it would be helpful.

0 Likes
user3BMfy2cBQ1
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm not sure what you are referring to that is helpful exactly.  Did you read the manual and do you only see 4 resolution options?  There are approximately 40 listed in the manual that I see.  When my monitor is set to 240hz I only have 4 options available.  When it is set to 120hz I get them all.  My previous card (GTX 1080) would show all of the resolutions and the relative refresh rate options that are supported with that resolution.  I did not have to change the settings in the monitor back and forth in order to use them.

0 Likes
userZliSvMBX5f
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Change your scaling from GPU to Display under "Adjust desktop size and position" in Nvidia control also may have to select No Scaling and all your resolution should populate.

0 Likes