Original topic:

Opinions wanted!

(Topic created: 08-08-2022 04:29 PM)
Ko_kochvz
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Hey guys 👋,
 Okay you guys saved me so much time last time I figured I'd come back to the same place! Let's be honest there isn't many samsung peeps where I'm from. Anyway, I am looking at getting a new laptop and /or all in one monitor. I need to be able to run my website, soical media platforms, edited videos, create things ect. I do like Chromebook but I'm having such a hard time picking! What have you tried? What has been a problem? What is your most favorite program your item has to offer you?
13 Replies
Ogata92
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
If you're going to be video or photo editing, a chromebook as far as I know, won't have that kind of power.
Options
Monitors and Memory
Depends on your budget. But chromebook is not very suitable for video editing if you do a lot of it due to lack of apps. Best choice would be Mac for video editing. Second windows computer with good GPU.
Ko_kochvz
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
😂 ok my brother told me the same thing but I was being stubborn. So what would be recommended? I would prefer samsung brand if possible.
0 Likes
Ogata92
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
That would definitely have the kind of power OP needs.
moe
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
These are some of the best for your needs;

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/best-laptops-for-video-editing

Aside from the Odyssey, I personally wouldn't recommend any other Samsung compute.
Ko_kochvz
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Thank you!
0 Likes
blickyspencer
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
The Galaxy book 360 pro is a great all-around option but chrome books are also a great cost efficiency alternative
Ogata92
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory
It won't really matter if it can't handle video or photo editing. Those two things alone require a lot of resources. Even if you're only editing video recorded at 1080p Full HD. Even more so if you're editing 4K video. I don't know much about the Galaxy Book, but I know for a fact chromebooks just don't have that kinda juice. Even my gaming laptop wouldn't be able to handle that kind of demand.