Original topic:

Outdated SSD firmware update proposal

(Topic created: 11-30-2021 03:59 AM)
userZkF6MlKTRo
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

I have two 960 Pro NVMe SSDs. Samsung Magician persistently proposes to update their firmware from some point in time. But there are no available updates according to the Magician, the firmware is latest.

userZkF6MlKTRo_0-1638273517028.png

What is wrong?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Monitors and Memory
Misunderstanding.
0 Likes
SC Tom
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've been getting the same message on 2 different machines- one with an 860 EVO and the other with an 870 EVO. Magician also tells me I am running the latest firmware.

Looking at the Samsung Tools & Software site <https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/>

I see that my 860 is at the latest level, but my 870 isn't (SVT01B6Q vs. SVT02B6Q). I dl'd it but haven't installed it yet; I want to do an image first.

I told the 860 machine to not notify me again. 

SC Tom
0 Likes
userwVzMEsxL3x
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Having the same issue; 870 is out of date but the magician is only showing the notification

0 Likes
SC Tom
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

After creating an image of my 870 SSD, I rebooted and the update notification was there again. I opened Magician>Update and lo and behold, the latest firmware version was listed. I went ahead and updated it from there and all is well! Guess it was just a case of premature notification 🙂

SC Tom
0 Likes
user538serAEgO
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Getting the same popup every day on Win 7 Box w/ 2 840 Pro's ... real annoying

Tried the chat bot, it says "Sorry that I couldn't give you a proper answer.  I am still learning and I'll try harder"... which I read as, the person who programmed this bot, designed it only to answer 3 questions that everyone already knows the answer to.

Is the warning pop up wrong and we all do have the latest ?

Is the 2nd pop up wrong and all is already up to date ?

Does Samsung support actually monitor these forums ?

0 Likes
SC Tom
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

From the link posted earlier, the latest firmware for the 840Pro is DXM06B0Q. If that's what you have, then you already have the latest, and are up to date.

Can't answer your last question 😞

SC Tom
0 Likes