cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

PlayStation 5 120hz Compatibility with Samsung CRG9 49" Ultrawide Monitor

Hello,

I'm very interested in purchasing the CRG9 Ultrawide Monitor for PC productivity and gaming. I would also like to use it with the new Playstation 5 in November. Playstation announced it would support up to 4K 120hz TV's. I know this monitor supports 120hz and was wondering if this would still be the case when using the Playstation 5 HDMI 2.1 port? It is fine if there are black bars on the sides and I have to preset a 16.9 ratio at 1080p (instead of 1440p). I just want great frames at 1080p.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: PlayStation 5 120hz Compatibility with Samsung CRG9 49" Ultrawide Monitor

I might be wrong but from what I gather You'd get the black bars on about half the screen, due to the resolution being so high that its simply not supported and not able to take advantage of it. And if it was running at 120hz I believe the color range will be low, especially with hdmi. its hard to say for sure since ps5 isn't yet released. But I'd prolly look at just getting a high refresh rate tv, i believe some are about the same price.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: PlayStation 5 120hz Compatibility with Samsung CRG9 49" Ultrawide Monitor

Yes, I think you're right in reccomending a high refresh rate tv. Many are being released in the next few weeks and months to support PS5 and Xbox Series X. These 4K TV's are catching up to monitors, so I may even be able to use their smaller ones as my computer monitor. Some can even support G-Sync. Thank you for the reply.