Original topic:

Problem while Cloning my HDD to my SSD

(Topic created: 05-28-2019 09:05 PM)
userJkDFvNmOOC
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
Hello.
I am trying to clone my HDD to my SSD 860 EVO 2.5" SATA III 1TB but it shows me an error at the very end (99% of the process). The error code is "-00001[ffffffff]". Can somebody help me with this issue?
My laptop is a Lenovo Y700 Series.
5 Replies
izephyr
Halo
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello @userJkDFvNmOOC 

May I know which software are you using for Disk Cloning? Did you try with a different Software? Also, What are the disk capacity that you're trying to clone? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
0 Likes
userJkDFvNmOOC
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, @izephyr 

1. I am using the "Data Migration Software" that Samsung offers.

2. I haven't tried another software for this operation. Do you suggest trying another one?

3. For my HDD it is 1 TB, same for the SSD (1 TB). However, I am trying to clone around 400 GB from my HDD to my SSD.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
The_Nephilim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory
Hi have you tried a chkdsk /f in command prompt to check the HDD to see if there are any errors on the disk?
0 Likes
Solution
userJkDFvNmOOC
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I tried using a different software for this matter and it worked 100%.

Samsung Data Migration Software seems to be poorly programmed since I read a lot of reviews from people having problems with this software.

I even tried to reach tech support and this was their answer "Unfortunately you would have to figure out within your Operating System what may be providing you this read permission issue." Which makes me think that they do not care at all as they stated that this was my own personal problem.

I used Macrium Reflect 7 and it worked perfectly fine. No problems.

I DO NOT recommend using the Samsung Data Migration Tool since it is terrible. You better use the Macrium Reflect 7.

View solution in context

0 Likes
usersFwg7rx5du
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

If you are using Samsung data migration software to clone HDD to Samsung SSD drive and fail, you can try another different SSD cloning software like AOMEI software, which i used and feel great.

0 Likes