JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Read Only 970 Evo keeps disconnecting.

(Topic created on: 8/12/20 9:03 AM)
user0ZD6ZPkYZO
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Late last week due to the hurricane cruising up the east coast I suffered a power outage that in some way severely damaged my drive and resulted in the destruction of enough sections to put it into the emergency read-only state. I have been attempting to recover the data from the drive to the best of my knowledge and ability of my hardware, but sadly many repair functions and google searches do not work for SSDs. My problem is that despite transferring files off of the dead drive fine with TeraCopy, it does not work on the windows user folders, and I cannot change the access on them due to the already stated write lock. What I have been trying to far to attempt and transfer the files off of the drive is to use the default windows transfer function from the file explorer window, but at some point during the transfer, the drive will always disconnect from the computer and won't reappear until I turn the computer fully off and back on.

any help/advice would be much appreciated.

MZ-V7E2T0BW

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user0ZD6ZPkYZO
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

So, I finally managed to get TeraCopy to copy the files from the USER folder by running it in administrator mode, and it doesn't disconnect the drive the default drag and drop does. That doesn't fix that like 90% of the drive is corrupted, but if anyone else gets this problem its something.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
user0ZD6ZPkYZO
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

So, I finally managed to get TeraCopy to copy the files from the USER folder by running it in administrator mode, and it doesn't disconnect the drive the default drag and drop does. That doesn't fix that like 90% of the drive is corrupted, but if anyone else gets this problem its something.

View solution in context

0 Likes