Original topic:

SAMSUNG 980 500GB PERFORMANCE ISSUE

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 11:54 PM)
Angel Lara
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I’ve got an Samsung 980 500gb SSD version and I’ve noticed a performance issue with the solid state drive, it supposably gives 3100MB/s on read sequence and on write sequence it gives 2600 MB/s and I benchmarked it with the official Samsung magician SSD tool and it gave me poor results(900MB/s, 800MB/s) , now my bios is up to date and all the drivers are as well, I’ve defragmented and I put the SSD on maximum performance mode and the results are the same, my laptop is a HP pavilion 15cw-1004la it has a AMD Ryzen 5 3500u with Vega 8 integrated gpu and 32gb of ram, any possible solutions?

Sin título.png

2 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

The "up  to" performance numbers are for a 4 lane PCIE data connection direct to a suitable CPU.

You laptop contains a M.2 slot configured to operate through the restrictive chipset as M-Sata or PCIE mode.

The M-Sata needs only 1 data lane and the PCIE mode is lucky if it has 2 lanes.

Overall the 980 is doing good given the hardware pushing it.

0 Likes
Angel Lara
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

i see now sorry I'm new to this type of SSD, the only thing i noticed is that when i connect the laptop to charge the SSD performs as it's supposed to: 

3.0gb/s and 2.3gb/s, does that mean that the SSD is always going to perform at the speeds mentioned in the first post 900mb/s and 800mb/s?

0 Likes