JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SAMSUNG DISK MAGICIAN 5.3.1 - EVO 850 (Drive Not Supported)

(Topic created: 08-13-2020 06:08 AM)
bearhntr
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Can someone please explain why SAMSUNG MAGICIAN installed on a WINDOWS 10 PRO x64 computer - is telling me that my SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD is not supported?   I had this drive in an old laptop, and decided when I got rid of the laptop to replave the 500GB HDD in my personal desktop with the 500GB SSD.  It worked perfectly fine in the laptop.  I installed it, and ran DISKPART to CLEAN the drive, make a new PRIM PART (GPT), and FORMAT it as NTFS.  It formats, and I can see the full capacity in Windows.  It shows as DRIVE D:, as the old HDD did.  

I wanted to check the FIRMWARE on it - as it has not been used in more than a year, and SAMSUNG MAGICIAN sees it - but tells me it is NOT SUPPORTED (see image).  

The MAIN drive in this desktop is a SAMSUNG EVO 860 - bought brand new when I built this desktop in DEC 2019.  

EVO_850-500GB.pngEVO_860-500GB.pngWhat GIVES?  

The drive is connected to the SATA 2 connector (where the HDD) was connected on the motherboard.  SAMSUNG MAGICIAN was even able to read the drive info off the removed HDD (as a HITACHI 500GB drive).  

3 Replies
Solution
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Update Magician to  6.1.0.

0 Likes
bearhntr
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory