Original topic:

SAMSUNG M7 USB-C is not working fully with Macbook. IT DOES NOT WORK AND SAMSUNG KNOWS THIS.

(Topic created: 07-25-2021 06:17 AM)
userTBbTFqY4fy
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Dears,

Bought the M7 as a one cable solution to connect a macbook.

No USB-C cable is delivered with the monitor.

The countless promotion video's all show this USB-C cable working flawless.

So I bought 1 extra 2m Apple USB-C' cables, connected it, fiddled around in all sorts of ways to get it working, but nothing makes it works.

The cable does charge the macbook, but there is no image.

I contacted SAMSUNG Benelux support and asked what USB-C cable would work and pointed out the numerous video's with pictures of this USB-C cable delivered with the box.

SAMSUNG Benelux support concludes, there is no need for a specific type of USB-C cable and the solution is to be searched by contacting Apple.

When asking why it would work elsewhere the answer was those video's are not from SAMSUNG Benelux and it might be another M7 model number was used.

Needless to say, I was baffled by this answer.

If SAMSUNG does not know what cable was used to make it work, then who can help?

How get attention to this? Where find a solution?

Like Apple is going to recommend a SAMSUNG monitor?

0 Likes
15 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

The M7 User Manual contains a comprehensive guide concerning Type C cable types and their differing functions when used with the monitor.  You should read it.

0 Likes
userTBbTFqY4fy
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

The manual was off course read as well. Nothing points to a solution. This screen cannot handle USB-C signal as a one cable connection although pointed out in dozens of video's while there was even a USB-C cable in the box delivered with it by SAMSUNG. And nobody can point out what cable that would have been.  

0 Likes
userTBbTFqY4fy
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

If SAMSUNG sells monitors in boxes stating USB-C, 4K 60 Hz,

then SAMSUNG must either provide it or provide support.

They are doing neither.

Instead one is supposed to read the manual and interpret that one "ought" to check the cable specifications.

And also no solution or support is given after that.

SAMSUNG support told me literally to address Apple. Well, ok, I will do that. Not sure if I will return to SAMSUNG afterwards.

0 Likes
userTBbTFqY4fy
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

And to be complete. Ordered a USB 3.1 gen 2 cable.

(OTB USB-C to USB-C cable with DP Alt Mode and E-Marker chip - USB3.1 Gen 2 - till 20V/5A)

model OTB-DK003 from onni-TEC.

The image passes at 30hz and charges. No sound though.

When pointing the sound from the macbook to use the monitor, the image stops.

There is NO solution. The monitor returns to sender.

0 Likes
MissDiagnostics
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

@userTBbTFqY4fy 

Samsung recommends using genuine Samsung cables with their products to get the best overall experience. Whatever type of cable you need whether it's usb c to usb c, usb c to usb a, or usb c to lighten, it should be purchased from Samsung directly or Samsung Parts directly.

If I were you, I would contact Samsung Parts and ask them if they have any usb c cables that will allow a macbook to connect to a Samsung monitor utilizing picture, sound, charging, and etc.

Edit:

I also forgot to mention, it's also important that you download the provided drivers from the Samsung support page which could also be causing the issues you're experiencing if not downloaded.

0 Likes
userRsu3gIeDz3
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, I just had a similar issue even if with a different laptop. The USB-C are a real mess, what you need is a USB-C cable that supports alternate mode and display port with 4k@60Hz support, as you are able to get 4K @ 30Hz the one you have should work just fine.

Then what you have to do is opening Settings > External device manager > Input signal plus  and chose USB-C

Frankly speaking I have no idea why Samsung went for this super weird solution but this is how I fixed it.

I hope it helps.

0 Likes